How to remove the myCoups virus – myCoups adware removal (Uninstall guide)
What is the myCoups virus (adware)?
The myCoups virus is a term for malware categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that primarily displays unwanted advertisements and associates with third-party malware including additional browser hijackers that may cause unwanted browser redirections to unethical search engines such as Conduit. myCoups adware displays unwanted advertisements in the form of coupon malware, on deal and retail websites such as Amazon and Kayak. myCoups advertisements may appear a drop down tab, a scrolling menu, pop-up ad, pop-under ad, or an in-text or image-ad that appears when hovering over the content in order to display sponsored items that may derive from malicious third-parties. Furthermore, myCoups and related advertising servers have been documented to associate with the collection of sensitive information often used for marketing lists.
myCoups installs to a computer system as a browser helper object (BHO), add-on, and extension, as well as alongside third-party malware and Toolbars such as the Internet Helper Toolbar that is utilized to cause unwanted redirections. myCoups even associates with third-party adware platforms such as LessTabs that primarily prompts in-text advertisements.
- To remove and uninstall remove myCoups virus as well as third-party malware and software from your computer, please follow the free remove myCoups virus removal instructions further below.
How does myCoups malware infect a computer?
myCoups malware can be contracted a variety of ways, be that manually and voluntarily from websites such as mycoups.com and download.com, and alongside third-party software and files indlucing free downloads (freeware), shareware, codecs, and torrents. Some reports indicate that myCoups may install to a computer via compromised websites, social media links, email spam, and other tactics.
myCoups primarily bundles with third-party malware to infect a computer and is often promoted alongside fake Flash Player software and unethical browser attachments including add-ons, extensions, and toolbars.
How to remove myCoups malware (adware)
- Automatically remove myCoups malware – Scan for and automatically remove myCoups and third-party malware
- Manually remove myCoups malware – Remove/Uninstall myCoups and third-party malware
1. Automatic myCoups removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove myCoups and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall myCoups software. You can even use CCleaner to remove ransomware, but that does not apply here.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall myCoups and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for myCoups software, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual myCoups removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall myCoups using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall myCoups malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for myCoups (myCoups Toolbar) and other potentially unwanted software, including software downloaded from websites such as download.com. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the myCoups add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove myCoups add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the myCoups extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
For further Google Chrome removal instructions please see the video below.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the myCoups add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the myCoups add-on and remove it if located.
- How to remove Ustart (hijacker/redirect)
- How to remove Text Enhance (In-text adware)
- How to block advertisements and malicious resources using Windows hosts file
- How to stop unwanted redirections
- How to restore Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7)
- How to refresh/reset Microsoft Windows 8 Operating Systems