How to remove the LessTabs virus – Less Tabs adware removal (Uninstall guide)
What is the LessTabs virus (Less Tabs adware)?
The LessTabs virus or Less Tabs virus is malware, categorized as adware and a browser hijacker that likely infects a computer without consent and displays unwanted advertisements, including pop-up, pop-under, and especially in-text advertisements similar to Text Enhance that pop up or appear when underlined content on a website is hovered over. LessTabs malware installs to Microsoft Windows computers as a browser helper object (BHO), add-on, and extension. Less Tabs advertisements can be identified by the Less Tabs logo (Less<Tabs) in the top left of the advertisement. The Less Tabs ads often have a 1px grey border with shadow, and include links that may say click to continue by LessTabs, buttons to indicate settings and removal, and often display very irrelevant ads concerning the particular highlighted text.
Less Tabs is very dangerous concerning third-party advertisements that may contain links to malicious websites, malicious payloads, and may promote unethical software including scareware that offer no benefits to computer users. Furthermore, Less Tabs is associated with malware such as Flash Player Pro (fake Flash Player), Conduit, and more. Less Tabs may display advertisements from third-parties and bundle with additional third-party adware platforms as well. LessTabs malware may even cause unwanted browser redirections, start-ups, and more, as LessTabs and associated parties may change internet browser settings and computer system settings without consent.
To remove or uninstall Less Tabs and third-party malware, please use the free Less Tabs removal instructions further below,
How does LessTabs infect a computer?
LessTabs software including the LessTabs extensions and add-on can be contracted from a variety of websites and third-party software. LessTabs can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from
lesstabs.com, as LessTabs falsely promotes itself as a free and legitimate search tool and software that displays relative content from Wikipedia, Bing, and more. LessTabs also claims to be 100% free of advertisements, which is a blatant lie.
LessTabs often installs alongside software including freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents such as fake Flash players and unnecessary browser tools.
How to remove LessTabs malware (adware)
- Automatically remove LessTabs malware - Scan for and automatically remove LessTabs and third-party malware
- Manually remove LessTabs malware - Remove/Uninstall LessTabs and third-party malware
1. Automatic LessTabs removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove LessTabs and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall LessTabs software. You can even use CCleaner to remove ransomware, but that does not apply here.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall LessTabs and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for LessTabs software, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual LessTabs removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall LessTabs using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall LessTabs malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for LessTabs and other potentially unwanted software, including software downloaded from websites such as download.com. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the LessTabs add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove LessTabs add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the LessTabs extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the LessTabs add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the LessTabs add-on and remove it if located.
- How to remove FindWide (hijacker/redirect)
- How to remove Text Enhance (In-text adware)
- How to block advertisements and malicious resources using Windows hosts file
- How to stop unwanted redirections
- How to restore Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7)
- How to refresh/reset Microsoft Windows 8 Operating Systems