How to remove Conduit Search (Virus Removal Guide)
Conduit Search virus
The Conduit virus (also known as Conduit search virus, Protected Search by Conduit virus, Conduit apps, search.conduit.com redirect virus) is a questionable search engine and title of a potentially unwanted program found in the browser hijacker category of computer threats that is known to modify existing internet browser settings in order to cause browser redirects to search.conduit.com and other webpages.
Programs and browser attachments used to promote conduit.com primarily download and install onto a computer and attach to internet browsers as a standalone browser add-on or extension (Conduit Toolbar, Conduit Community app), but may also bundle with or may primarily be used by third-party add-ons, extensions, plugins, Toolbars, BHOs, and general software. The developers of third-party items (add-ons, software, etc.) use Conduit as well, and may distribute their product with Conduit attached to it, causing internet browsers to redirect to search.conduit.com, even though a Toolbar such as Certified Toolbar is attached.
How to remove Conduit Search virus
This Conduit Search removal guide will help you completely remove Conduit virus and unwanted malware from your computer in order to stop unwanted browser redirects to search.conduit.com, conduit.com, and other search engines on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Follow each step below to completely get rid of this infection and repair corrupted settings.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for Conduit malware
- Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Conduit software
- Step 4: Remove Conduit browser attachments
- Step 5: Remove Conduit search engine
- Step 6: Remove Conduit homepage
Step 1: Scan your computer for Conduit malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can additionally chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface. This will clean up unnecessary junk that may have been introduced to your computer.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.
4. To uninstall Conduit Search programs using CCLeaner navigate to the Uninstall tab, select the program, and click the Uninstall or Delete button.
Step 3: Uninstall Conduit software
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Conduit programs, such as Conduit Toolbar or Conduit Search Protect and double click the unwanted program or select the program in the list and select the Uninstall button. Perform the manual uninstall steps and uninstall additional programs as necessary.
Step 4: Remove Conduit browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Conduit extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Conduit add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Conduit add-on, click it, and click the Remove button.
Step 5: Remove Conduit search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Conduit search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Conduit search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Conduit search engine to remove it.
If http://www.conduit.com/ (or other webpage) is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
Step 6: Remove Conduit homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove search.conduit.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove search.conduit.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove search.conduit.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.