What is Antivirus Security 2013 Protection (Malware)?
Antivirus Security 2013 is rogue software, categorized as scareware that utilizes unethical marketing practices and social engineering in order to target and persuade unsuspecting internet users to believe that their computer system is infected with computer viruses and malware, including adware and spyware, or that their computer is facing critical errors, and other common firewall and system issues. Antivirus Security 2013 malware then attempts to get the computer user to update the fake Antivirus program or purchase a full version of the program by activating or registering the fraudulent Antivirus Security 2013 product. It has been reported that updating fake Antivirus Security 2013 software may initiate the installment of additional malware.
Antivirus Security 2013 is essentially fake Window’s Antivirus software that performs a fake and non-beneficial scan for malware and issues that may reside on the computer. The rogue Antivirus Security 2013 program then displays fake security alerts, notifying the computer user that the computer may be infected with malware or facing some sort of fabricated issue. Some security alerts may pop-up in a small window, or while Antivirus Security 2013 malware is performing a faux system scan.
The primary objective of the Antivirus Security 2013 virus and general rogue software is to persuade victims into updating the product or purchasing an extended license, but those are not the only dangers of this infection. The Antivirus Security 2013 virus may infect a computer alongside third-party malware as it also allows additional malware to infect a computer system. If Antivirus Security 2013 is on your computer, it is likely that your computer may be infected with separate malware, including minuscule software that simply changes browser settings, or software capable of collecting sensitive data used in phishing attempts and cyber crime involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
- Antivirus Security 2013 has been reported to have involvement with the distribution of AVASoft Professional Antivirus malware.
How does Antivirus Security 2013 infect a computer?
Antivirus Security 2013 may infect a computer alongside third-party software and files, including freeware, shareware, torrents, and codecs, though many similar rogue Antivirus programs, such as Reg Genie, or even AVASoft, may promote themselves as legitimate Antivirus software used to remove malware and/or fix errors, and may publicly distribute themselves on a variety of sources such as download.com.
- Common aliases: Antivirus Security 2013, Antivirus Security 2013: Protection, Protect your PC, Antivirus Security virus, Antivirus Security 2013 malware, Antivirus Security 2013 virus
If Antivirus Security 2013 is on your computer system without your consent, or if the fake Antivirus Security software is difficult to remove, use the automatic or manual removal instructions below to remove Antivirus Security 2013 and third-party malware from your computer system.
How to remove Antivirus Security 2013 malware (Rogue)
- Antivirus Security 2013 Removal Software – Automatically remove Antivirus Security 2013 and third-party malware
- System Restore – Restore computer to date and time before Antivirus Security 2013 infection
- Uninstall Antivirus Security 2013 – Windows Uninstaller
- Safe Mode With Networking – Troubleshoot internet access and remove Antivirus Security 2013
- Manually Remove Antivirus Security 2013 Malware (Advanced) – Remove and repair Antivirus Security 2013 files, folders, and registry entries
1. Antivirus Security 2013 Removal Software
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Antivirus Security 2013 and third-party malware from your computer system.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software
Malwarebytes is great software to remove Antivirus Security 2013 and related rogue software.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Malwarebytes on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to the Update tab.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
2. System Restore
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. A system restore can be used to remove new installments of unwanted software.
3. Uninstall Antivirus Security 2013
If possible, you may be able to uninstall Antivirus Security 2013 and related software using Window’s Uninstaller.
How To Uninstall Antivirus Security 2013 (Windows)
- Start > Settings > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program or Add/Remove Programs.
- Search for Antivirus Security 2013 in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall.
4. Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode with Networking can be used to troubleshoot internet access (Safe Mode can be used to simply access the system) and install software capable of removing the Antivirus Security 2013 virus and third-party malware.
1. Restart your computer.
2. Before Window’s launches tap the F8 key constantly to access the appropriate menu. Use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate to and highlight the Safe Mode with Networking option and press ENTER.
3. You can now access the internet to install legitimate software such as Malwarebytes to remove Antivirus Security 2013 malware from your computer, or use the advanced manual removal instructions below with caution.
5. Manually Remove Antivirus Security 2013 Malware (Advanced)
Stop Antivirus Security 2013 Process
1. Access Window’s Task Manager typing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
2. Find and remove the Antivirus Security 2013 process below.
Remove Antivirus Security 2013 Files
Search for and delete Antivirus Security 2013 files.
Repair And Remove Antivirus Security 2013 Registry Entries
1. Access Window’s Registry Editor by navigating to the Start Menu and typing regedit into the search bar, followed by pressing Enter.
2. If you are not experienced with repairing or removing Registry entries, keys, etc, please do not proceed. Search for Antivirus Security 2013 registry entries detailed below and remove or repair as needed.