The Groovorio virus is a term used to identify a browser hijacker and adware found in the Potentially Unwanted Program and Malware categories of computer infections. The Groovorio virus changes existing internet browser settings of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, including the homepage, default search engine feature, and browser shortcuts in order to cause unwanted browser redirects to groovorio.com, search.yahoo.com, and other websites.
The Groovorio virus primarily causes affected internet browsers to redirect to groovorio.com and yahoo.com when a user searches the web using the browser address or omni bar, or when a user opens a new browser tab, but programs used to promote the Groovorio Search website may also cause collect user information, cause unwanted pop-up advertisements, and create other issues.
If the Groovorio hijacker is installed, a user may additionally notice advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab. These are called pop-under advertisements. Other advertisements displayed by this program and associated parties include banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads similar to Text Enhance that pop-up when a user hovers over hyper-linked text, and pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer. Advertisements on this website may also initiate automatic downloads.
The Groovorio.com hijacker primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Groovorio software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner and the software will download and install without direct user consent or knowledge.
How to remove Groovorio virus
- Option 1: Groovorio Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Groovorio.com malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually Remove Groovorio.com – This second option details how to manually uninstall Groovorio.com , remove unwanted browser attachments, change your default search engine, and fix your homepage.
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Groovorio.com Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Groovorio.com and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Groovorio.com adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall software that promotes Groovorio.com and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Groovorio.com, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Groovorio.com
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Groovorio.com adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Groovorio.com
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for potentially unwanted software. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Groovorio.com add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Groovorio.com add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Groovorio extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Groovorio add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Groovorio add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Groovorio.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Groovorio search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Groovorio search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Groovorio search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.groovorio.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove Groovorio.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Groovorio.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Groovorio.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Groovorio.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.