How to remove Malware (Removal Guide)
What is Malware?
Malware is a short term for malicious software. Malware is any kind of software that corrupts general computer system and browser operations, gathers sensitive user information, and/or gains access to private computer systems and networks.
There are many forms of malware, many conceptions of malware, and many different ways malware can infect a computer system and internet browser. Malware can be identified by executable code and scripts, active content, and other forms of software.
Common malware includes ransomware, scareware, and spyware. These forms of malware carry out different operations and a victim will notice different symptoms. For example, ransomware restricts access to a computer system or browser that it infects and demands a ransom to unlock the computer, scareware is software with malicious payloads, or of limited or no benefit, that are sold to consumers via certain unethical marketing practices, and spyware is used to observe and collect sensitive information.
Potentially Unwanted Software (PUPs) are, such as adware and browser hijackers are sometimes mistaken for malware or close to the lines of malicious software. Adware that makes it’s way onto a computer system in order to collect user information may be detected as malware in the spyware category of computer threats.
How does Malware get onto a computer?
Malware carries out different initial tactics to infect a computer system, including backdoor, computer viruses, rootkits, trojan horses, and worms. Malicious software can be contracted via malicious links on compromised websites, email attachments, malicious social media content, malicious advertisements, malicious downloads, and more.
Some malicious software targets the unsuspecting internet user, utilizing unethical marketing tactics in order to trick victims into downloading the software, while others use a variety of stealth tactics in order to infect a computer and remain undetected.
How to remove Malware
- Option 1: Malware Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Malware malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Malware Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Malware using the top Anti-Malware and Optimization software on the market.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
2. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
4. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings and uninstall Malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the unwanted program, and uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.