How to remove Speed Test Analysis (SpeedAnalysis) – Removal Guide
Speed Test Analysis virus (SpeedAnalysis)
Speed Test Analysis (SpeedAnalysis virus; though not technically a computer virus) is an unnecessary and misleading browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension that can be defined as adware, browser hijacker, and spyware; though the browser attachment utilizes different marketing techniques than it’s general category.
Speed Test Analysis is essentially potential malware that downloads and installs to a Microsoft Windows PC and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer with or without user consent. Once Speed Test Analysis is installed, the program and/or third-party items may begin to change existing internet browser settings, including the home page, managed, provided, and default search engine. This causes unwanted browser redirects and start ups to search.conduit.com and other sites, as well as many privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once Speed Test Analysis is installed an icon will appear at the top of an open browser window and on Windows desktop. Once the item is clicked users will redirect to speedanalysis.com where users have the chance to perform a misleading speed analysis of their download and upload speeds.
After the misleading speedanalysis.com scan is orchestrated, the website will suggest to download non-beneficial Microsoft Windows Optimizers. Each time a new test is orchestrated the users will receive offers for different PC Optimizer titles.
The Speed Test Analysis add-on and extension and similar items may change Microsoft Windows start up settings and corrupt browser shortcuts, which will also help the Speed Test Analysis hijacker and third-party malware reformat existing internet browser settings. Furthermore Speed Test Analysis may allow additional third-party malware to infect a computer system or install without consent including advertisement serving platforms.
Speed Test Analysis and related parties have been reported to collect sensitive user information including you IP address, your name, telephone number, home address, email address, and more. Speed Test Analysis malware and related parties may even collect and distribute user information manually submitted into online forms while SpeedAnalysis and third-party software is installed and attached to internet browsers, including usernames, passwords, credit card details, bank account information, social media relationships, and more. Cyber crimes relating to the browser hijacker category (though rare in this case) include credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others.
Speed Test Analysis has permission to access your data on all websites and your browser tabs and browsing activity.
Most victims of Speed Test Analysis software complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers. It has been concluded that this particular add-on and extension and related parties will submit users to marketing and mailing lists without direct consent.
How does Speed Test Analysis malware get onto a computer?
Speed Test Analysis often bundles with third-party software including freeware and shareware from distributors such as download.com and Softonic.com.
In some cases users may have the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Speed Test Analysis and download games from the website; however the request to decline the installation is often ignored or presented in a colluding manner.
How to remove Speed Test Analysis
- Automatically remove Speed Test Analysis – Scan for and automatically remove Speed Test Analysis and third-party malware
- Manually remove Speed Test Analysis – Remove/Uninstall Speed Test Analysis promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic Speed Test Analysis removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Speed Test Analysis and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Speed Test Analysis and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Speed Test Analysis and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Speed Test Analysis, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Speed Test Analysis removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Speed Test Analysis malware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Speed Test Analysis
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Speed Test Analysis, recently installed games, and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Speed Test Analysis add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Speed Test Analysis add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional third-party toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Speed Test Analysis extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Speed Test Analysis add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Speed Test Analysis add-on and remove it if located.