What is SavingsAddon (Savings Addon)?
SavingsAddon or Savings Addon is combo malware categorized as adware, and is often referred to as the SavingsAddon virus or Savings Addon virus. The SavingsAddon virus utilizes a standalone and third-party browser hijacker(s), including browser add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, in order to display green Savings Addon advertisements Savings Addon advertisements are often green coupon and deal based adverts that pop-up as a tab in the top right of the browser, or as a scroll menu on the bottom right of the screen. The Savings Addon tab on the top right often states the computer user has a certain amount of coupons to use while browsing the internet especially while visiting deal or retail based websites such as Amazon.com and Kayak.com.
Savings Addon malware and similar, common adware platforms utilize browser hijackers (Savings Addon browser hijacker), including add-ons, extensions, and toolbars by engaging in social engineering to either persuade internet users to manually and voluntarily download Savings Addon, or download a third-party product bundled with Savings Addon advertisements (entrapment).
Furthermore, the SavingsAddon add-on for Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of sources that engage in such unethical behavior, including the SavingsAddon website and software distribution sites that bundle additional software with their downloads, but most internet users report that the SavingsAddon browser hijacker attached to their internet browser without consent.
Coupon based adware is very common, in fact a lot of adware platforms utilize the same interface as SavingsAddon adware, including Coupon Companion, Coupon Dropdown, Coupon Cactus, Deal Spy, and others.
Is SavingsAddon safe?
SavingsAddon is not safe for reasons citing the invasion of privacy, entrapment, and cyber criminal activity involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
If your computer is infected with the SavingsAddon virus, if you are experiencing green SavingsAddon advertisements while browsing the internet, and/or if you suspect your computer is infected with additional malware, alongside the SavingsAddon adware infection, please use the free removal instructions provided in this article to remove SavingsAddon malware from your computer.
How to remove Savings Addon adware
- Automatic removal (Automatic SavingsAddon remove)
- Manual removal and repair (Manual SavingsAddon remove)
1. Automatic removal (SavingsAddon)
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SavingsAddon adware and repair internet browser and system settings if needed.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, please open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect coupon-based adware and third-party malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or uninstall a stubborn SavingsAddon adware program or program used to display SavingsAddon pop-up advertisements if necessary.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SavingsAddon and third-party malware, navigate to the Uninstall tab and follow the instructions.
2. Manual removal (SavingsAddon)
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Savings Addon adware and remove the Savings Addon add-on and extension using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall Savings Addon (Windows Uninstaller)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Savings Addon and suspicious third-party software. To uninstall Savings Addon and other software, double click the program you wish to remove, or highlight Savings Addon (etc) in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Savings Addon browser hijacker
The Savings Addon browser attachment may install as a standalone browser add-on and extension (Savings Addon), alongside third-party browser attachments (add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars), or bundled inside a third-party browser attachment.
It is suggested to Uninstall any unwanted programs and browser helper objects using Window’s Uninstaller or CCleaner prior to removing the browser attachment.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the SavingsAddon extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SavingsAddon add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SavingsAddon add-on and remove it if located.