How To Remove DealSpy Adware – Deal-Spy Virus Removal Instructions (Deal Spy Adware)
What is DealSpy (Deal Spy, Deal-Spy – Adware)?
DealSpy (Deal Spy), often referred to as the Deal Spy virus, DealSpy virus, Deal-spy, or Deal Spy hijacker, is malware categorized as adware, that utilizes browser hijackers to display unwanted pop-up advertisements. Deal Spy advertisements are usually brown advertisements that contain suspicious featured coupons and deals while the internet user is browsing the internet. The DealSpy virus pop-up advertisements may also contain links to the DealSpy website, possibly coupon-companion.com where Deal-Spy may attempt to persuade infected victims to “opt out” of Deal-Spy advertisements. Do not opt out of Deal Spy advertisements, instead remove DealSpy using the free instructions provided in this article. Opting out of any adware platform is never suggested.
DealSpy malware and similar adware such as CouponDropDown, Coupon Companion, and Text Enhance display pop-up advertisements any time the computer is connected to the internet, but Deal Spy ads often pop up while browsing deal and retail based websites such as Amazon.com.
Deal-Spy advertisements may pop out of the bottom right corner of the computer screen or display a tab at the top of the internet browser address bar stating that the Deal-Play browser attachment has a certain amount of coupons for the user.
How does Deal-Spy infect a computer?
DealSpy is publicly distributed on a variety of websites, especially CNET downloads (download.com) who are notorious for infecting computers with privacy invading malware such as adware, browser hijackers. DealSpy entraps victims to unethical terms who willingly install the Deal Spy add-on and extension.
The Deal-Spy add-on and extension may also bundle alongside third-party software and browser attachments such as Certified Toolbar (and other add-ons/extensions previously mentioned), or bundle inside another application. Meaning you may experience Deal Spy ads but have another (third-party) browser attachment present.
DealSpy malware and alike adware often download inside freeware, shareware, torrents, and codecs.
Is Deal-Spy dangerous (Deal-Spy add-on)?
- Deal-Spy is dangerous for reasons concerning criminal activity, the invasion of privacy, and entrapment.
- Aside for reasons previously mentioned, DealSpy may install alongside or allow third-party malware, including adware, spyware, and additional browser hijackers to install to the computer system and active internet browsers.
- The DealSpy toolbar, add-on, or extension, and third-parties may collect and distribute sensitive user information, especially information manually submitted into forms.
- DealSpy may cause a computer system and internet browser to become sluggish, laggy, and lose complete functionality altogether.
How to remove the Deal Spy virus (Adware)
- Automatic removal (Removal software, Cleaner)
- Manual removal and repair (Manually remove Deal Spy adware)
1. Automatic removal (Deal Spy)
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Deal Spy adware and repair internet browser settings if needed.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, please open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect Deal Spy malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or uninstall a stubborn Deal Spy adware program.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Deal Spy and third-party software, navigate to the Uninstall tab.
2. Manual removal (Deal Spy)
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Deal Spy adware and remove the Deal Spy add-on and extension using generic procedures.
Deal Spy often installs alongside third-party programs or “inside” third-party apps, especially Coupon Companion.
How to uninstall Deal Boat (Windows Uninstaller)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Deal Spy (Deal-Spy) and suspicious third-party software. To uninstall DealSpy double click the program icon, or highlight DealSpy in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Deal-Spy browser hijacker
The Deal Spy browser attachment may install as a standalone browser add-on and extension, alongside third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside third-party browser attachments. In some instances, to stop Deal Spy ads from popping up, removing a third-party application has been successful.
It is suggested to Uninstall any unwanted programs and browser helper objects using Window’s Uninstaller or CCleaner prior to removing the browser attachment.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Deal Spy extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Deal Spy add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Deal Spy add-on and remove it if located.