How to remove IObyte System Care (Virus Removal Guide)
IObyte System Care is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is known to bundle with malware, adware, spyware, and other threats. IObyte System Care is promoted as antivirus and an optimizer for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 that scans for malware and PUPS, ways to enhance performance, system/user software related issues, and startup/uninstall and user items. When IObyte System Care is installed it will begin scanning a computer and claim that numerous issues were detected; However, in order to fix or remove the issues detected by the potentially unwanted program, you need to purchase a license. A concern with the program is that issues detected by it are not typically considered to be problematic.
Issues detected by IObyte System Care won’t cause performance issues on a computer. For example, IObyte System Care detects registry entries as medium-severity problems that belong to Google Update and other legitimate software. These entries will not cause problems or have a negative impact on a computer’s performance.
One of the biggest issues with registry cleaners is that there is no research indicating that cleaning the registry provides a performance gain. In addition, Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaning utilities and cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the use of a registry cleaning utility can be solved. Microsoft also states that some programs available for free on the internet might contain spyware, adware, or viruses.
How did IObyte System Care get onto my computer?
There are numerous ways that IObyte System Care can get onto a computer. The potentially unwanted program can be downloaded from the developer or distributors website, it can bundle with and be installed by free programs (freeware), and the installation may be promoted by advertisements served by malicious and/or aggressive advertising networks. Some free programs do not properly reveal that IObyte System Care may be installed along with it and some installation procedures may offer you custom or advanced installation options. It is recommended to view advanced and custom installation options carefully to stop any unwanted programs from being installed. Also, make sure to pay attention to license agreements and installation procedures when installing anything off the internet.
Bundles with malware and potentially unwanted programs
Furthermore, as previously mentioned, IObyte System Care may bundle with free programs, malware, adware, spyware, and other threats such as MyAppBox and Win Magician. This is a major concern because it could mean that IObyte System Care was installed by or alongside malware that that is a risk to user privacy and computer functionality.
When the program is installed, these are symptoms that may occur:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Pop-up notifications
- Hijacked homepage
- Hijacked search provider
- Hijacked new tab page
- Constant browser redirects
- Suspicious browser extensions
- Suspicious programs on PC
- Slower browsing experience
- Slow and sluggish PC
How to remove IObyte System Care
IObyte System Care can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel or Apps and Features like most programs. However, manually uninstalling the program will not remove malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats from an infected computer. In order to remove malware and other threats from an infected computer, we recommend scanning a computer with reputable security software that is known to detect and remove malware and other threats.
How to uninstall IObyte System Care
1. Right-click the start menu.
2. Go to Apps and Features.
3. Click IObyte System Care and click Uninstall.
How to remove malware
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.