How to remove MyAppBox (Virus Removal Guide)
MyAppBox is self-promoted as a “powerful app downloader, manager, and uninstaller” for personal computers. There is a standalone MyAppBox program for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, as well as a MyAppBox extension for Google Chrome and other web browsers.
Although MyAppBox may sound like a useful tool there are many concerns with how the program is marketed, what information it can collect, and what it does with the information it collects.
Unethical marketing practices
Like most malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), MyAppBox utilizes unethical and deceptive marketing practices in order to get onto a computer. For example, advertisements may claim that MyAppBox is something it is not such as an update, media player, or security program in order to dupe users into installing it.
Malicious download managers also bolster MyAppBox as a custom installation and may additionally install MyAppBox without user consent. The image above shows a fraudulent Optifine download manager promoting MyAppBox. This particular manager gives the option to accept or decline an offer to install the program; however, others may not.
Data collection and transfer
MyAppBox may collect and keep records of user data including UID (IUID) and SDT. They may also share this information outside of the country which the user lives in where jurisdiction may not offer equivalent data protection laws.
By allowing us to collect information, you consent to the transfer and use of it to locations that may be outside of the country in which you live and such jurisdictions may not offer equivalent data protection laws as those where you are located.
We may share the information we collect with our corporate affiliates (including without limitation different departments in the company and subsidiaries in the company), in order to provide their services or features to you.
The privacy further outlines that MyAppBox may share data with business partners and use the data to contact users.
We may share the information we collect with our business partners (such as other departments in our company who analyze the data and content partners who are engaged with us for providing the Services, as such partners also take part in making the Services available).
As you can see, the data collection and transfer policies are a concern to privacy. We would advise you to avoid installing this program and to remove it immediately if you value your personal data.
Due to these concerns, MyAppBox is recognized as malware and/or a potentially unwanted program by numerous security programs.
How to remove MyAppBox (Virus Removal Guide)
MyAppBox can be uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs or Windows control panel; However, manually uninstalling the unwanted program through the control panel will not entirely remove the program or other malware, adware, and trace files from an infected computer. Because this is the case we recommend to scan the infected machine using reputable antivirus tools that are known to detect and remove this malware.
Security software such as Malwarebytes and HitmanPro will automatically remove MyAppBox without the need to manually uninstall the program through the control panel.
Step 1: Use Malwarebytes to remove MyAppBox and other malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software will detect, quarantine, and remove MyAppBox, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-220.127.116.1139.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 2: Use HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, and files used for tracking and data collection.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 3: Use CCleaner to clean up Windows registry and repair settings
CCleaner will clean up Windows registry and repair settings that may have changed during the infection.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Step 4: Uninstall MyAppBox from Windows
Check if MyAppBox was removed from your computer (it should be). If not, the program can be manually uninstalled through Windows control panel.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Click MyAppBox and an Uninstall button will appear. Click the Uninstall button.