How to remove inPixio Photo Clip (Virus Removal Guide)
inPixio Photo Clip, also called Photo Clip, inPixio Photo Clip 9 Professional, or inPixio Photo Clip virus, is photo editing software by Avanquest Software S.A.S.U. that is recognized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by antivirus software. inPixio Photo Clip is known to bundle with malware, adware, spyware, and other threats and is advertised by malicious advertising networks that bolster the program alongside malicious software. Furthermore, the software utilizes unethical and deceptive marketing practices in order to extract user data and obtain potential customers.
inPixio Photo Clip is self-promoted as photo editing software that removes distracting details and corrects errors. It claims to help users crop details and people out of photos and remove elements and backgrounds. Although this may sound like useful photo-editing software, there are programs and websites that do this for free, cost much cheaper to use, and are safe to use.
The alleged photo editing software is not free to use and the developer does not make it clear until they are able to obtain personal information. For example, once the inPixio Photo Clip program is installed it will show a large button that says “ACTIVATE YOUR VERSION” and when the button is clicked it will open a browser on their website that asks for a first and last name, as well as an email address. The webpage says “activate your version of Photo Clip” and “simply fill out the form below to get Photo Clip.” The page goes on to further say “please make sure the information is accurate” and “it will be used to sent your license key, download instructions, and product updates” without mentioning that the user must purchase the program to use it anywhere on the page.
Once the information is submitted, a page that shows the cost of the program is finally revealed. The page shows that there are two versions of Photo Clip called inPixio Photo Clip 9 and inPixio Photo Clip 9 Professional. If a program is selected it will be added to a cart for payment and this is where the developer attempts to add a backup CD of the program for an extra price without initial user consent.
Information collected by the website is used for commercial purposes. Users who send their information are likely to receive unwanted email messages from inPixio and third-parties.
As previously mentioned, inPixio Photo Clip bundles with and is advertised by malicious ad networks alongside third-party malware, adware, spyware, and other threats. This is a major concern because it could be an indication that inPixio Photo Clip was installed by or alongside malware and the additional malware may provide an even higher security risk to user privacy and computer functionality.
When the program is installed, these are symptoms that may occur:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Pop-up notifications
- Hijacked homepage
- Hijacked search provider
- Hijacked new tab page
- Constant browser redirects
- Suspicious browser extensions
- Suspicious programs on PC
- Slower browsing experience
- Slow and sluggish PC
In addition, files associated with inPixio Photo Clip are detected by numerous antivirus engines including DrWeb who detects the program as Program.Unwanted.3875. The developer also has a long history of creating and distributing malware and potentially unwanted programs.
How to remove inPixio Photo Clip
inPixio Photo Clip can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel or Apps and Features like most programs. However, manually uninstalling the program will not remove malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats from an infected computer. In order to remove malware and other threats from an infected computer, we recommend scanning a computer with reputable security software that is known to detect and remove malware and other threats.
How to uninstall inPixio Photo Clip
1. Right-click the start menu.
2. Go to Apps and Features.
3. Click inPixio Photo Clip and click Uninstall.
How to remove malware
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.