How to remove Win Magician (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Win Magician?
Win Magician by PC MAGICIANS INC is advertised as “a complete cleaning and protection utility for your Windows system.” The developer claims that Win Magician can clean disk space and boost system speed “to a whole new level.” However, these claims are dishonest, deceptive, and misleading. The program does not have to ability to boost system speed and Microsoft has even warned users about using such misleading programs as they can be harmful to Windows registry.
Win Magician is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 and is mostly advertised on websites that contain questionable content including video streams, freeware, and torrents.
Is Win Magician safe?
According to Google’s VirusTotal analyzation tool, Win Magician is recognized as malware or a potentially unwanted program and is, therefore, considered unsafe. The tool confirms that Win Magician has a medium-high detection rate when it comes to antivirus software. Antivirus engines such as Malwarebytes, DrWeb, Tencent, and Antiy-AVL recognize files associated with the program as risks and will quarantine and remove them in real-time.
In addition, Win Magician may download alongside auxiliary threats including malware, adware, spyware, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that can cause additional symptoms and put a user’s personal information at risk.
This is a list of symptoms that may occur if this program is installed:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Unwanted notifications
- Browser redirects
- Poor computer performance and functionality
- Computer crashes
Furthermore, Win Magician and programs associated with it may retain data in order to manufacture a marketing profile on their users or sell the information they collect.
How to remove Win Magician
Like most programs, Win Magician can be uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs; However, uninstalling the unwanted program through the Windows control panel will not remove malware, adware, and trace files from an infected computer. Since this is the case we recommend to scan the infected machine using reputable antivirus tools once Win Magician is uninstalled. It should also be noted that software like Malwarebytes will automatically remove Win Magician without the need for Win Magician to be uninstalled manually.
Step 1: Uninstall Win Magician from Windows
First, uninstall Win Magician from Windows.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Click Win Magician and an Uninstall button will appear. Click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Use Malwarebytes to remove Win Magician and other malware
Then use Malwarebytes to remove left-over Win Magician files and known malware. Malwarebytes will detect this threat as: PUP.Optional.PCVARK.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-18.104.22.16839.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 3: Use HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan
Use HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove remaining trace files, malware, and files used for tracking and data collection.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 4: Use CCleaner to clean up and repair Windows registry
The last step is to use CCleaner to clean up Windows registry and repair settings that may have changed.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.