How to remove IETabPage Class (Virus Removal Guide)
IETabPage Class virus
IETabPage Class by Thinknice Co. Limited (IETabPageClass, IETabPage virus) is an advertisement-supported Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) found in the adware category of computer infections and is additionally detected as, or bundles with a browser hijacker and spyware. IETabPage Class is a browser helper object (BHO) that installs to a Microsoft Windows Operating System and attaches to Internet Explorer as a browser extension, located in the Toolbars & Extensions Add-ons type section. If his attachment is present, other internet browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox may also be affected by the symptoms of this infection.
Once potential IETabPage Class malware is installed, the program will observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements and submit information to third-party contractors, including your physical location and all computer activities. This may result in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers for the victim.
If IETabPage Class is installed, a user will notice pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text, advertisements like Topic Torch, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer.
Most advertisements displayed by IETabPage Class and similar items will contain text that say something similar to “Ads by IETabPage Class, brought by IETabPage Class, or IETabPage Class Deals.”These advertisements may also be generated by third-party advertisement serving platforms and will instead state the name of an additional item.
The IETabPage Class adware application bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install IETabPage Class software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the IETabPage Class virus
- Option 1: IETabPage Class Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove IETabPage Class malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove IETabPage Class – This second option details how to manually uninstall IETabPage Class and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. IETabPage Class Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove IETabPage Class and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall IETabPage Class adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall IETabPage Class and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for IETabPage Class, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove IETabPage Class
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall IETabPage Class adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall IETabPage Class
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for IETabPage Class and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove IETabPage Class add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove IETabPage Class add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious Chrome extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for suspicious Firefox add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the IETabPage Class add-on (Publisher: Thinknice Co. Limited) and remove it if located.