The SimpleLocker virus (Simple Locker virus) is dangerous malware in the ransomware category of computer infections that encrypts files on a computer system or other device, hijacks the computer or device, and demands that the owner pay a ransom to decrypt files and gain back control of the infected system. The Simplelocker virus is similar to many ransomware infections, including the popular CTB Locker virus.
Once a computer system becomes infected with Simplelocker ransomware and similar computer viruses, the computer will become restricted and a message on the computer will appear. The message will state that personal files on the the computer system have been encrypted. It will detail instructions on how to pay the ransom to decrypt files; usually by using bitcoins or other online currencies. Users who pay the fine and follow the instructions pay be able to retrieve their personal files and remove the ransomware, but it is not suggested to do so.
Instead, malware analysts suggest to first use various procedures and third-party computer security software to remove the Simplelocker virus and similar ransomware. Paying the ransom may actually cause further issues for some computer users.
How does Simplelocker infect a computer?
The Simplelocker virus is often contracted from malicious files in email messages, malicious advertisements, and questionable downloads.
How to remove Simplelocker
- Simplelocker removal Software and Tools – Detect and remove Simplelocker ransomware
- System Restore/Reset – Restore PC to date and time before the Simplelocker malware infection
- Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing the Simplelocker computer infection
1. Simplelocker removal Software and Tools
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
2. System Restore/Reset
A System Restore/Reset is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with the Simplelocker computer virus. To learn more please select a link below:
Simplelocker virus removal tips:
If the Simplelocker virus is difficult to remove there are several steps you can use to troubleshoot the removal process:
Ransomware often infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove ransomware by using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Some variants of ransomware use flash and symptoms of the infection can be halted by denying flash via Macromedia’s real-time options. To learn more and deny flash please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html
Troubleshoot internet/network issues
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.