The SafeFinder virus (also found as Safe Finder virus, or SafeFinder by Linkuri Ltd; though not technically a computer virus) is a potentially unwanted program or malware found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories that is used to ‘infect’ a Windows computer and attach to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer without direct user consent, in order to collect user data (such as browser activity, bookmarks, history, and searched terms) that it uses to display cross-browser advertisements.
SafeFinder primarily installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows operating system and attaches to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without direct user consent. The SafeFinder adware program is then used to collect user information in order to serve targeted advertisements or ads that the program feels are relevant to the user’s online behavior
Once SafeFinder malware is installed, the adware program will begin to display a wide variety of advertisements. Some SafeFinder ads are pop-under browser ads that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by SafeFinder” on them, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by SafeFinder” on them.
This program may even use techniques in order to cover legitimate advertisements on third-party websites with their own banners and skyscrappers.
Many users of SafeFinder and similar adware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners
How does SafeFinder malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install SafeFinder software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the SafeFinder virus
- Automatically remove SafeFinder virus – Scan for and automatically remove SafeFinder and third-party malware
- Manually remove SafeFinder virus – Remove/Uninstall SafeFinder by Linkuri Ltd and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic SafeFinder virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SafeFinder and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall SafeFinder adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall SafeFinder and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for SafeFinder, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual SafeFinder virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall SafeFinder and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall SafeFinder
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for SafeFinder (by Linkuri Ltd.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that SafeFinder may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove SafeFinder add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove SafeFinder add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SafeFinder extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SafeFinder add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SafeFinder add-on and remove it if located.