Remove QuickSurf (Virus Removal Guide)
QuickSurf (also searched for as QuickSurf virus or Quick Surf) is cross-browser adware that you don’t want to find installed on your computer. This adware known to be deceptive and intrusive. It infiltrates a computer system and attaches to internet browsers without your consent or knowledge. QuickSurf adware can automatically download and install in the background while you work or browse the web. Once QuickSurf adware has finished installing it will inject the webpages you visit with pop-up advertisements that usually say “Ads by QuickSurf” or “brought by QuickSurf” on them.
What is QuickSurf?
QuickSurf is usually advertised as a free web shopping utility program and browser plugin that can be used to help you find the best coupons and deals online.
Once potential QuickSurf malware is installed it will display deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. Ads by QuickSurf are intrusive partly because they are defined as ‘targeted’ advertisements. Targeted style advertisements use your user browsing data to generate content they feel you are most likely to click on. QuickSurf adware needs to obtain access to gather, collect, and modify you user browsing data and settings. It can access and collect information about all your browsing activities, your bookmarks, and your browser history. It uses this information to produce specific advertisements based off your past and current browsing experiences.
QuickSurf adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a very serious threat to your privacy and if it can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove QuickSurf if you find it installed on your PC or attached to your internet browsers as a browser add-on and extension. It is also recommended to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software i order to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did QuickSurf get on my computer?
QuickSurf and programs like it are usually contracted without your knowledge. QuickSurf itself is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that QuickSurf adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”QuickSurf overview”]
- QuickSurf bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- QuickSurf is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- QuickSurf injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- QuickSurf makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove QuickSurf virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove QuickSurf virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove QuickSurf
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove QuickSurf virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “QuickSurf” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing QuickSurf we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove QuickSurf.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove QuickSurf
How to uninstall QuickSurf
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for QuickSurf in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click QuickSurf to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find QuickSurf in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove QuickSurf below.[/note]
How to remove QuickSurf add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the QuickSurf extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the QuickSurf add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the QuickSurf extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find QuickSurf in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove QuickSurf below.[/note]
QuickSurf virus removal tips
- If you do not find QuickSurf in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing QuickSurf you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411