PsdChecker (also known as PsdCheckeR 5.0, 4.0, etc.) is detected as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories by most security vendors. PsdChecker is advertisement-supported freeware for use on the Microsoft Windows Operating System that may collect user information in order to serve targeted advertisements. This program also changes existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer, which in turn may cause unwanted browser redirects and start-ups.
Once potential PsdChecker malware is installed, the unwanted program will being to collect user information, including browser activity, history, and manually submitted information, such as email addresses, identification data, and more.
PsdChecker and third-parties will use collected information to display targeted advertisements. Some advertisements are pop-under ads that take up an entire browser window or browser tab. Others are generic banner and skyscraper adverts, in-text ads, and/or pop-up advertisements that may appear when a user hovers over text or images with their mouse pointer.
The PsdChecker adware application bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install PsdChecker software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the PsdChecker virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove PsdChecker – This first option details how to remove PsdChecker malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove PsdChecker – This second option details how to manually uninstall PsdChecker and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic PsdChecker removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PsdChecker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating potential malware was detected. You may chose an action for each result found, or simply click Apply Actions or Quarantine All. To remove quarantined files navigate to the History section and remove all.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall PsdChecker adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PsdChecker and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for PsdChecker, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual PsdChecker removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall PsdChecker adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall PsdChecker
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PsdChecker and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove PsdChecker add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove PsdChecker add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PsdChecker extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the PsdChecker add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the PsdChecker add-on and remove it if located.