How to remove the LyricShow virus (Removal Guide)
LyricShow is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or malware. that is promoted as a free program used to display lyrics on YouTube videos. LyricShow is essentially adware, but may also be found in the browser hijacker, and spyware categories of computer infections during a scan with reputable Antivirus software. LyricShow collects user information and then uses the data to generate various pop-up advertisements. In turn this can cause many issues for computer users relating to the invasion of privacy and collection of personal information without direct permission of the user.
Once LyricShow malware is installed to a Microsoft Windows Operating System and attached to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer, the adware and spyware add-on and extension will begin to collect and observe user data in order to display advertisements it believes a user will feel obliged click.
LyricShow advertisements are displayed in many different ad form. Some can be found when hovering over text and are called “in-text” advertisements like Text enhance, some ads pop out when hovering over images or retail products online a, and other advertisements are simply generic banner and skyscraper advertisements that may say “Ads by LyricShow” or “LyricShow Deals” on them.
LyricShow users and users of similar adware often complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
This program will also show pop-ups on the side of an open internet browser with a list of song lyrics.
How does LyricShow malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install LyricShow software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner and a user may accidentally install the software without their knowledge.
LyricShow software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web.
How to remove the LyricShow virus
- OPTION 1: Automatically remove LyricShow virus with Malarwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and/or CCleaner by Piriform
- OPTION 2: Manually uninstall LyricShow from Windows and remove the LyricShow hijacker from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
- FOR TECH SUPPORT – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic LyricShow virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove LyricShow and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall LyricShow adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall LyricShow and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for LyricShow, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual LyricShow virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall LyricShow and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall LyricShow
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for LyricShow and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that LyricShow may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove LyricShow add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove LyricShow add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the LyricShow extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the LyricShow add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the LyricShow add-on and remove it if located.