How to remove KNCTR (Virus Removal Guide)
KNCTR by Itibiti Ventures Inc (also searched for as KNCTR virus) is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware by reputable Internet Security and Antivirus programs. It is known to be decpeitve and instrusive. It can make its way onto a computer system without user consent, gather personal browsing information, and generate targeted advertisements across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. KNCTR is promoted as freeware that can help users make online calls, watch videos, and connect to social media.
Once potential KNCTR malware is installed, a computer user may notice various pop-ups from Windows Security and Windows Firewall, asking “Do you want to allow files from this website to be copied to your computer?” or stating that “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app.”
This program may observe and collect user information used to display targeted advertisements on the interface of the program and potentially on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Adware programs are also known to submit collected user information to third-party contractors. This may cause unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers.
KNCTR advertisements are generated in many different forms, aside from the ads displayed on the program interface. Some are pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer. Most adware programs associated with KNCTR will contain text that say something similar to “Ads by KNCTR, brought by KNCTR, About this Ad, or KNCTR Deals.”
If this program installed without user knowledge, this program may be using substantial amounts of system resources, which may cause a computer to become slow and sluggish.
The KNCTR adware application bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install KNCTR software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
[fancy_box title=”KNCTR overview”]
- The KNCTR extension for Google Chrome can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The KNCTR extension for Google Chrome can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- KNCTR bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- KNCTR can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- KNCTR injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- KNCTR makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove KNCTR (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove KNCTR extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall KNCTR from Windows
- Step 3: Remove KNCTR virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
Step 1: Remove KNCTR extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the KNCTR extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the KNCTR add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the KNCTR extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall KNCTR from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for KNCTR and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove KNCTR virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.