Fantastigames virus (fantastigames.com)
The Fantastigames virus (also found as the Fantasti virus, Fantastigames Toolbar, Fantastigames Search, fantastigames.com redirect, etc.; not an actual computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that downloads and installs to a Microsoft Windows PC and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Once Fantastigames or software published by Fantastigames is installed, the program will begin to change existing internet browser settings, including the home page, managed, provided, and default search engine,; causing browser redirects to fantastigames.com, isearch.fantastigames.com, search.fantastigames.com, and other sites.
Fantastigames and similar items may change Microsoft Windows start up settings and corrupt browser shortcuts, which will also help the Fantastigames hijacker and third-party malware into reformatting existing internet browser settings and displays unwanted pop-up advertisements.
Furthermore, Fantastigames add-ons and extensions may also allow additional third-party malware to install onto a computer system without direct user consent including advertisement serving platforms.
Fantastigames and related parties have been reported to collect sensitive user information including you IP address, your name, telephone number, home address, email address, and more. Fantastigames malware and related parties may even collect and distribute user information manually submitted into online forms while Fantastigames add-ons, browser helper objects, and extensions, as well as third-party software is installed and attached to internet browsers, including usernames, passwords, credit card details, bank account information, social media relationships, and more. Cyber crimes relating to the browser hijacker category (though rare in this case) include credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others.
Most victims of Fantastigames malware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers. It has been concluded that this particular Toolbar and related parties will submit users to marketing and mailing lists without direct consent.
How does the Fantastigames virus get onto a computer?
Fantastigames often bundles with third-party software including freeware and shareware from distributors such as download.com and Softonic.com.
In some cases users have the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Fantastigames and when downloading games from the website or from a third-party distributor like download.com; however the request to decline the installation is often ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
How to remove the Fantastigames virus
- Automatically remove Fantastigames virus – Scan for and automatically remove Fantastigames and third-party malware
- Manually remove Fantastigames virus- Remove/Uninstall Fantastigames promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Fantastigames virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Fantastigames and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Fantastigames and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Fantastigames and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Fantastigames, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Fantastigames virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Fantastigames malware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Fantastigames
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for software published by Fantastigames, recently installed games and software, and other potentially unwanted programs. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Fantastigames add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Fantastigames Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional third-party toolbars.
- It may be necessary to remove multiple third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fantastigames extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Fantastigames add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Fantastigames add-on and remove it if located.