Clearn Search by Clearch.org virus
The Clearch.org virus (also referred to as the Clearch virus, Clearch Search virus, Clearn Search virus, search.clearch.org redirect virus, and other terms; though not technically a virus) is potential malware categorized as a browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
The Clearch.org add-on and extension or third-party item such as Search Protect used to promote search.clearch.org (and other websites) changes internet browser settings including the home page (start page) and internal browser search engine (default, managed, and provided search engines. This causes affected browsers to redirect to http://search.clearch.org/, search.conduit.com, and other websites when users open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or attempt to search the web using the browser omni bar (address bar).
If infected with the search.clearch.org redirect virus, an internet browser such as Google Chrome will primarily redirect to the website when users search the web. There will also be no visible options to remove the Clearch.org website from Google Chrome. In order to actually remove the website from your default Chrome search engine, a browser extension such as eSafely must be removed.
Clearch.org malware may also collect information and use additional techniques to collect customer information or persuade victims to purchase sponsored and/or non-beneficial software. This is why many vendors define items used to promote the website as adware and/or spyware.
If software that causes your internet browser to redirect to http://www.Clearch.org is installed on your computer system and attached to your internet browser you are at higher risk of cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others. Even though these crimes are rare, this particular category of malware leaves users at a much higher risk if the software was never introduced to the computer system.
How does the Clearch.org hijacker get onto a computer?
Items used to promote the search.clearch.org redirect virus can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of websites such as download.com; however, Clearch malware primarily bundles with freeware and shareware, including aggressive installers that do not allow the user to cancel download.
Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install unwanted software and change their home page and search engine to the Clearch.org search engine, but the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner by the developer or distributor.
How to remove Clearch.org virus
- Automatically remove Clearch.org – Scan for and automatically remove Clearch.org and third-party malware
- Manually remove Clearch.org – Remove/Uninstall Clearch.org supported software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Clearch.org virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Clearch.org and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove search.clearch.org search engine from your internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
If you need help give us a call!
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the Clearch.org hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Clearch.org supported software navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support search.clearch.org in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Clearch.org virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Clearch.org supported software and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Clearch.org (supported software)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Clearch.org supported software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Clearch add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Clearch.org add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove different attachments than suggested and multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Clearch extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Clearch add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Clearch add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove search.clearch.org search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the search.clearch.org search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the search.clearch.org search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the search.clearch.org search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.search.clearch.org/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove search.clearch.org homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove search.clearch.org from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove search.clearch.org from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove search.clearch.org and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.