How to remove Vtools Toolbar – Removal Instructions (Uninstall Guide)
Vtools Toolbar virus
Vtools Toolbar (referred to as the Vtools virus) is potential malware categorized as a browser hijacker that changes internet browser settings of popular internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer and causes other problems for computer users. Vtools Toolbar changes the home page and default, managed, and provided search engine causing affected internet browsers to start up on unwanted websites including Vtools Search and third-party domain names. Vtools Toolbar also causes internet browsers to redirect to unwanted websites when users attempt to search the web or enter a URL using the internet browser bar or omni bar.
Vtools Toolbar by Spigot is reported as a very intruding application capable of collecting and distributing sensitive user information, in particular information users manually submit online while Vtools Toolbar and related third-party items are present. Information collected by Vtools Toolbar and associated third-parties that users commonly submit online include usernames, passwords, home addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information, bank information, and more. In rarer cases victims of browser hijackers have fallen victim to credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. These are serious crimes that should not be ignored. On a lesser-scale, victims communication details have been submitted to mailing and marketing lists without consent or knowledge and victims may receive excessive email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers.
How does Vtools Toolbar malware infect a computer?
Vtools Toolbar can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of websites, though most users are introduced to the Toolbar without consent or knowledge.
If Vtools Toolbar was installed without your consent it is likely that the item bundled with downloadable content including freeware, shareware, and torrents. In most cases developers and distribution websites bundle unwanted software alongside or inside their products and/or services.
If you recently installed Vtools software you may have been given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Vtools Toolbar though some installations may ignore the user request.
How to remove Vtools Toolbar
- Automatically remove Vtools Toolbar – Scan for and automatically remove Vtools Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove Vtools Toolbar – Uninstall Vtools Toolbar and third-party malware
1. Automatic Vtools Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the Vtools Toolbar hijacker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Vtools Toolbar and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Vtools Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Vtools Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Vtools Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Vtools Toolbar and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Vtools Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Vtools Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Vtools Toolbar
Use the instructions to remove Vtools Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Vtools Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Vtools Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Vtools Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.