VAF Toolbar – VAF Search virus
VAF Toolbar also found as (Vafmusic2 Toolbar for IE, VAF music Toolbar, Vafmusic2, Vafmusic Toolbar for Chrome, Vafmusic Toolbar for Firefox, VAF Search virus, etc.) is malware categorized as a browser hijacker and spyware that primarily installs to Microsoft Windows computer systems and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension. Furthermore the VAF Toolbar add-on and extension drastically changes internet browser settings including the home page and default browser search engine (managed, provided, etc.) causing unwanted browser redirections to search.conduit.com and the VAF Search home page, and also removes and replaces existing browser add-ons and extensions and logs out synced accounts.
VAF Toolbar removes existing internet browser add-ons and extensions in order to remain on the computer system and assist affiliated software the item introduces to the computer system. VAF Toolbar often bundles with third-party adware and will display a variety unwanted advertisements and pop-ups.
Once VAF Toolbar is installed the application will begin to corrupt browser settings and collect sensitive user information including data manually submitted online such as your name, home address, telephone number, email address, browser activity and history, and more. VAF malware may also use unethical techniques to collect purchase information or persuade victims to purchase non-beneficial software.
If spyware alike VAF Toolbar is installed on your computer and attached to your internet browser you are at risk of cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and more. Though these crimes are rare, this particular item leaves a user at a much higher risk than common internet browser hijackers.
VAF Search does not display relevant search results; instead the VAF search engine displays sponsored search results that may promote malicious websites and software.
How does VAF Toolbar get onto a computer?
VAF Toolbar can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of unethical websites and VAF Toolbar also bundles with suspicious third-party freeware and shareware. Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install VAF Toolbar and change their home page and search engine to VAF Search (conduit.com); However, the request to decline is often ignored or represented in a malicious manner.
If VAF Toolbar is installed, there is likely third-party malware on your computer system. VAF Toolbar primarily bundles with third-party items without user consent or knowledge… multiple third-party items. In fact, VAF Toolbar bundled with more bloatware than any other item we’ve tested. We conclude that VAFmusic Toolbar removed existing browser add-ons and extensions during it’s installation to be able to display unwanted adverts and direct users to questionable locations on the web.
VAFmusic2 Toolbar (etc.) also bundles with VAF software including the VAF Video Player which is often advertised on unethical media related websites, pornographic websites, torrent websites, and similar. VAF software is also advertised by third-party adware platforms which may replace adverts on legitimate websites.
How to remove VAF Toolbar – Search virus
- Automatically remove VAF Toolbar - Scan for and automatically remove VAF Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove VAF Toolbar - Remove/Uninstall VAF Toolbar software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic VAF Search virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove VAF Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the VAF Toolbar hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall VAF Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for VAF Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual VAF Search virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall VAF Toolbar and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall VAF Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for VAF Toolbar (Vafmusic2 Toolbar for IE, etc) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove VAF Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove VAF Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional toolbars. Please note, it will be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the VAF Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the VAF Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the VAF Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove VAF Search Engine (conduit.com)
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the VAF Search search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the VAF Search search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the VAF Search search engine to remove it.
Please note, If VAF Search is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove VAF by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove VAF Homepage (conduit.com)
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove VAF Search from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove VAF Search from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove VAF Search and replace it with your preferred URL.