How to remove VAF Player – Removal instructions (VideoPlayer v2.0.6)
VAF Player virus (VideoPlayer v2.0.6)
VAF Player (also found as VAFPlayer, VAF Video Player, VAF Music Player, VideoPlayer v2.0.6, latestvideoplayer, etc.) is malware categorized as spyware that utilizes browser hijackers including the standalone title VAF Toolbar and third-party browser add-ons, browser helper objects, and extensions. In turn VAF Player raises concerns for user privacy, changes internet browser and Microsoft Windows Operating System settings, and causes many other potential issues.
Once installed, VAF Player and it’s many third-party items that install alongside the unethical Video Player begin to collect sensitive user information including your name, email addresses, telephone number, home address, and more. Most of the information is collected of manual submission; however, VAF Player and relating malware also track complete user computing activity and internet browser activity. Information collected is then use to submit victims to mailing and marketing lists without consent or knowledge; most victims complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and phone calls from telemarketers relating to their recent internet browsing activity and history.
On a more severe scale, VAF Player and related third-party malware raise many concerns relating to privacy crimes such as credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and more. Though these are less likely to happen than receiving an unsolicited call from a telemarketer, victims are still at risk.
VAF Player, VideoPlayer, VAF Music Player, etc. is promoted as a media player that allows users to create mixed playlists with files on their PC and files from the internet. Once installed this program also changes internet browser settings including the home page and default search engine causing unwanted browser start ups and redirects to VAF Search, search.conduit.com, and other websites.
VAF VideoPlayer v2.0.6 also installs a large amount of bloatware alongside the media player (pictured above).
- VAF Player will remove and replace existing internet browser add-ons and extensions and log user’s out of synced browser accounts.
How does VAF Player malware get onto a computer?
VAF Player malware can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of malicious locations including
vafplayer.com and is often promoted in advertisements on questionable websites including media sharing websites, pornographic websites, torrent websites, and more.
VAF Player ads often are often pop-up or pop-under browser ads that may state “You are just one click away from starting the download….” There may also be an install or remind me later button. DO NOT CLICK the Install or Remind Me Later button! Instead, close the browser window. These advertisements may generate from www1.latestvideoplayer.com.
VAF Player and similar items may also bundle with third-party freeware and shareware. In some instances users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install VAF Player and other software; however, the request to decline is often ignored or presented in a colluding manner.
How to remove VAF Player malware
- Automatically remove VAF Player – Scan for and automatically remove VAF Player, VAF Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove VAF Player – Remove/Uninstall VAF Player software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic VAF Player virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove VAF Player and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the VAF Player spyware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall VAF Video Player, VAF Toolbar, and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for VAF Player (VideoPlayer v2.0.6), etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual VAF Player virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall VAF Player and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall VAF Player
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for VAF Player (VideoPlayer v2.0.6), VAF Toolbar (Vafmusic2 Toolbar for IE, etc), and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.