How to remove the Zula Games virus (Removal Guide)
Zula Games virus (www.zulagames.com)
The Zula Games virus (also found as ZulaGames virus, Zula Games Toolbar, Zula virus, Zula Games Search virus, Free Games 135, Free Games 115, Free Games virus, etc. though not an actual computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that downloads and installs to a Microsoft Windows PC and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Once Zula Games or software published by Zula Games is installed, the program will begin to change existing internet browser settings, including the home page, managed, provided, and default search engine. This causes unwanted browser redirects and start ups to www.zulagames.com, search.conduit.com, and other sites, and other complications.
Once Zula Games is installed, Zula Games Toolbar or a blank toolbar may also appear at the top of an open internet browser window and contain a search box and links to social media and promoted websites including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as links to unknown games and game categories. However, the most common symptoms of the Zula Games virus is pop-up advertisements and unwanted browser redirects.
Zula Games and similar items may change Microsoft Windows start up settings and corrupt browser shortcuts, which will also help the Zula Games hijacker and third-party malware into reformatting existing internet browser settings. Furthermore Zula Games add-ons and extensions may allow additional third-party malware to infect a computer system or install without consent including advertisement serving platforms (adware) and even spyware.
Zula Games attempts to redirect users to www.zulagames.com in order to promote advertisements and online games, as well as downloadable premium games.
Zula Games and related parties have been reported to collect sensitive user information including you IP address, your name, telephone number, home address, email address, and more. Zula Games malware and related parties may even collect and distribute user information manually submitted into online forms while Zula Games add-ons, browser helper objects, and extensions, as well as third-party software is installed and attached to internet browsers, including usernames, passwords, credit card details, bank account information, social media relationships, and more. Cyber crimes relating to the browser hijacker category (though rare in this case) include credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and others.
Zula Games (also found as Free Games 135) is advertising supported software and a cross-browser add-on and extension that has permission to access your data on all websites and access your tabs and browsing activity.
Most victims of Zula Games malware complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers. It has been concluded that this particular Toolbar and related parties will submit users to marketing and mailing lists without direct consent.
How does Zula Games malware get onto a computer?
Zula Games often bundles with third-party software including freeware and shareware from distributors such as download.com and Softonic.
In some cases users may have the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Zula Games and download games from the website; however the request to decline the installation is often ignored or presented in a colluding manner.
Zula Games software is not essentially easy to manually install from zulagames.com and other websites.
How to remove Zula Games virus
- Automatically remove Zula Games virus – Scan for and automatically remove Zula Games and third-party malware
- Manually remove Zula Games virus- Remove/Uninstall Zula Games promoted software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic Zula Games virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Zula Games and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Zula Games and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Zula Games (Zula Games Toolbar and software published by Zula, etc.) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Zula Games, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Zula Games virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Zula Games malware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Zula Games
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for software published by Zula Games, recently installed games and software, and other potentially unwanted programs. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Zula Games add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Zula Games Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional third-party toolbars including the Free Games add-on and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Zula Games extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Zula Games add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Zula Games add-on and remove it if located.