How To Remove The REloadit Virus – RELoadit Malware Removal Instructions (Ransomware)
What is the REloadit virus (reloadit malware)?
The REloadit virus or REloadit pack virus is dangerous malware categorized as ransomware that locks computer systems, displays a full screen page claiming to be from the FBI or other institution, details that the computer user is the subject of violating the law of the United States (copyright law, prohibited pornography), and demands a fine of anywhere from $100 to $500 or more to be paid by use of REloadit pack prepaid credit cards to unlock the computer again. Please note, this is a common scam and malware (reloadit ransomware) that is not associated with the FBI, REloadit (reloadit.com), or any legal institution. The claims made on the pop-up “lock screen” are false, if you have received a message from the FBI or any legal institution DO NOT PAY THE FINE, you are not legally in trouble (even if laws have been broken). Still, the REloadit virus is very dangerous ransomware that must be immediately removed. To remove REload it malware, please use our free REloadit virus removal instructions provided further in this article.
REloadit malware is very dangerous because victims of the infection are at risk of falling victim to severe forms of cyber crime involving credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. The REloadit virus can remain undetected on a computer using Trojan horses which allow them to have remote access and complete control of the computer. This can also allow the infection to cause a computer to lose complete functionality.
- The REloadit virus is also referred to as REloadit malware, REloadit ransomware, REloadit pack virus, or the REloadit crypto-virus.
If you have received a fake notification from cyber criminals that want you to pay a fine using REloadit pack credit services, DO NOT PAY THE FINE, remove the infection immediately using the REloadit virus removal instructions below.
If you paid the fine or used an activation number that may have caused the REloadit virus lock screen to go away, your computer is still infected with malware. It is also recommended to contact REloadit support if you paid using REloadit services for options about your safety and recent transaction.
How to remove the REloadit virus (ransomware)
- REloadit virus removal software (Automatic removal) – Scan for and remove REloadit virus
- System Restore – Restore PC to date and time before infection
1. REloadit virus removal software (Automatic)
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan (pictured below).
4. Malwarebytes will automatically detect the REloadit virus and other malware on your computer. Once the scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select (check) the malicious objects in the list and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove REloadit malware from your computer once and for all!
2. System Restore
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with the REloadit virus and other forms of malicious software. To learn more please select a link below.