How To Remove The CashU Virus – CashU Remove Screenlock (Ransomware)
What is the CashU virus (ransomware)?
The CashU virus, or CashU cryptovirus are terms for malware, categorized as ransomware that attempts to pose as a legitimate company or organization of authority such as the police force (Civil Police Force), the FBI (FBI virus), or even websites such as Spamhaus. The CashU virus takes complete control the computer system, locks the computer, and ultimately blocks or restricts the computer user from accessing the desktop by displaying a full page screen or window that claims to be from an authority (as previously described) stating that the computer was used illegally and may have been involved in the distribution of illegal media files, malware and or illegal pornography such as child porn, or zoophilia. Furthermore, the CashU virus screen demands of fine by use of CashU online payment services (cashu.com). Please note, CashU is not assocaited with this ransomware and you are not in any trouble with the police, federal federal agencies, and organizations. This is a dangerous computer virus and paying the fine or penalty described on the locked screen using CashU services may lead to further complications. To remove the CashU virus, follow the instructions provided in this article.
The CashU virus and ransomware in general are dangerous for reasons concerning cyber criminal activity, as CashU ransomware utlizes trojan horses (in particular, some use the term Urusay trojan) to gain remote access to the computer and may partake in unethical tactics in order to collect sensitive data from the computer, including inputted passwords, bank account usernames, and more. Even if CashU ransomware appears to have been removed, or if the fine is paid in the screen lock subsides, malware may still be infecting the computer. Though the primary objective of ransomware is to extort money while engaging in social engineering to frighten victims or make the malware appear from a legitimate source, cyber criminals may also use this opportunity to remain undetected and collect information over time.
Common countries/regions: Lebanon, Kuwait, Morocco, Jordan, Qatar, Bahrain, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and more.
How does the CashU virus infect a computer?
The CashU virus may infect computer at the computer user visited a compromise website or a website that host malware, including multiple exploit kits such as the infamous Blackhole and others (Sweet Orange, RedDot, Cool EK, v2, and Neutrino). CashU ransomware may also have been contracted from downloading freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents. Even hijacked Facebook posts containing malicious links may lead to a ransomware infection.
How to remove the CashU virus (ransomware)
- CashU malware removal software (Automatic removal) – Scan for and remove CashU ransomware
- System Restore – Restore PC to date and time before CashU malware infection
1. CashU virus removal software (Automatic)
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Editor’s Choice
Latest versions: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Release date: April 09, 2013 / 1.75
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan (pictured below).
4. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware. Once the scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select (check) the malicious objects in the list and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove CashU malware from your computer.
2. System Restore
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with CashU malware. To learn more please select a link below.
CashU virus removal tips:
If removing CashU ransomware is difficult to remove please refer to CashU removal tips below:
Ransomware often infects 1 user account on Windows. Here are some tips to remove the CashU virus using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Some variants of ransomware use flash and symptoms of the infection can be suspended by denying flash via Macromedia’s real-time options. To learn more and deny flash please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html
Troubleshoot internet/network issues
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.