What Is MaxWebSearch (Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus)?
MaxWebSearch.com (also referred to as the MaxWebSearch virus) is an unethical website, and malware categorized as a browser hijacker, that poses as a legitimate search engine in order to extort or generate a revenue stream by bundling with third party malware applications, including adware, spyware, and browser hijackers, or by displaying extraneous sponsored search results and links, as well as utilizing cost-per-click affiliations without principal.
Computers infected with the MaxWebSearch virus, often notice the symptoms of unwanted redirections, causing popular internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Exporer to redirect to maxwebsearch.com, default.maxwebsearch.com, start.maxwebsearch.com, home.maxwebsearch.com, search.maxwebsearch.com, 1.maxwebsearch.com, similar web addresses on the same MaxWebSearch domain (maxwebsearch.com), third party websites, and advertisement or advert serving platform interfaces (hence the tag, maxwebsearch.com redirection virus).
MaxWebSearch Virus Dangers & Symptoms (Vulnerabilities)
- Alike most malware categorized as a browser hijacker, MaxWebSearch installs additional third party malware to an infected computer system, or may bundle with third party malware to change existing internet browser settings, such as the browser’s home page and default search engine, which in turn is the cause of browsers redirecting to maxwebsearch.com and other websites. In other words, if an internet browser is redirecting to maxwebsearch.com, third party software and browser attachments are most likely present on the infected computer system and each installed browser.
- Maxwebsearch.com is a very unethical website that puts anyone in danger whom simply visits the maxwebsearch.com domain. To protect your livelihood, it is very strongly recommended to never admit to voluntarily visiting the website on any accounts.
- As stated before, Maxwebsearch.com may install third party malware to the computer system (or bundle with it) including dangerous adware and spyware used to collect sensitive information, especially including browser activity and history to serve unwanted advertisement pop-ups or provoke infected victims to click malicious search results.
- The most noticeable symptoms of the MaxWebSearch virus is the change in internet browser settings. Upon starting an internet browser, the infection may cause it to direct or start up on maxwebsearch.com, default.maxwebsearch.com, and other websites. Also, when an internet browser’s default search engine, or provided search engine is changed without permission by MaxWebSearch, it causes the infected browser to constantly redirect to maxwebsearch.com related websites while attempting to direct to a website or search using the browser’s address, omni, or search bar. Redirections to maxwebsearch.com may also occur while visiting popular social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
How To Remove The MaxWebSearch Redirection Virus
- Scan For And Remove Malware
- Search For And Uninstall Maxwebsearch.com Program
- Search For And Remove Maxwebsearch.com Attachment
- Remove Maxwebsearch.com From Home Page
- Stop Maxwebsearch.com Redirections
- System Restore (Troubleshoot)
- Hosts File (Advanced/Restriction Option)
1. Scan For And Remove Malware
Instructions: 1. Install Malwarebytes 2. Update the software 3. Perform full scan (Image).
Malwarebytes will automatically detect and remove malware from your computer system once the scan is initiated. Other suggestions are below.
If you do not wish to use software to remove the maxwebsearch.com virus, please refer to the instructions and tips below.
2. How To Uninstall Maxwebsearch.com Program
Use the directions below to completely uninstall maxwebsearch.com and/or third-party programs affecting your browser and computer system.
1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program or Add and remove programs
3. Search for suspicious programs related to Maxwebsearch.com and Uninstall them by clicking the Uninstall button, or double clicking each program.
3. How To Remove Maxwebsearch.com Attachment
MaxWebSearch primarily bundles with third party browser attachments.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A) or click Firefox in the top left corner and select Add-ons.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for maxwebsearch.com and additional third party add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for maxwebsearch.com and additional third party add-ons and remove them.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for maxwebsearch.com and additional third party extensions. Remove the onewebsearch.com extension (and others) by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to the add-on/extension/toolbar.
4. How To Remove Onewebsearch.com From Home Page
CCleaner ↔ Install
An alternative recommendation is to use a program such as CCleaner to repair all browser settings at once with productive accuracy.
1. Install CCleaner.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
Manually Remove Onewebsearch.com From Home Page
In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings. Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove onewebsearch.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove onewebsearch.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove onewebsearch.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
5. How To Stop Onewebsearch.com Redirections
CCleaner ↔ Install
1. Install CCleaner.
2. Navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
Manually Remove Onewebsearch.com Search Engine
In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to onewebsearch.com to remove it as your search engine. If onewebsearch.com is set as default add or select a new search engine and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove onewebsearch.com.
In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove onewebsearch.com from the list by highlighting the selection and clicking remove.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons and remove the onewebsearch.com search engine from the list.
6. System Restore (Troubleshoot Option)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week or during system updates.
7. Hosts File (Advanced/Restriction Option)
Add the following DNS IP address to your Window’s hosts file.