How To Remove The Globososo Virus – Globososo.com Redirect Removal Instructions (Hijack)
What is the Globososo virus (globososo.com)?
The Globososo virus, also referred to as the Globososo redirection virus or SOSO Globo virus is malware or a potentially unwanted program (PUP) developed by Kingtale Technology Inc.. Globososo is categorized as a browser hijacker that changes Internet browser settings without direct permission of the computer user, often entrapping victims to terms they would never agree with. The Globososo virus changes the default search engines, homepages, and browser shortcuts of popular Internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, in turn causing infected Internet browsers to target globososo.com on startup and redirect to globososo.com and other websites. Browser redirections to http://globososo.com and the Globososo search results page primarily occur when attempting to search the web using the infected browser’s address bar.
The Globososo virus and third-party malware has also been reported to collect personal information, including private information submitted online. Submitted information may include YouTube comments, passwords, usernames, bank account numbers, and more. Globososo malware and third-party PUPs may state that their users allow this in their terms. Users or victims of the Globososo virus may not be aware of such terms, nor have been aware that they may have potentially been presented with the opportunity to opt out of installing Globososo malware and related unwanted software. This is where Globososo (http://www.globososo.com) uses unethical practices to target and entrap unsuspecting victims to unethical terms.
Is Globososo.com safe?
Globososo.com is not safe for reasons concerning unethical marketing practices and entrapment. Furthermore Globososo.com has proven to be a very invasive search engine that may display unrealistic search results, including sponsored advertisements in order to generate a revenue stream based-off the misfortunes or confusion of internet users.
There is no indication that search results displayed by http://www.globososo.com install malicious payloads to a computer system.
How does the Globososo virus infect a computer?
Globososo malware, or the Globososo redirect can be introduced to a computer system via bundled third-party software, including freeware, shareware, torrents, and codecs.
Redirection viruses such as the Globososo redirection virus are often contracted from websites and products that offer free items, such as download.com, because of their efforts to monetize free downloads. This is seen as a very unethical marketing practice, as it targets and may entrap unsuspecting victims to terms they would never agree with if presented with in a proper manner.
- To remove Globososo malware, uninstall Globososo add-ons, extensions, etc. (Globososo Toolbar), and stop your internet browser from redirecting to http://globososo.com, please use our free Globososo malware removal instructions below.
How to remove the Globososo virus (Hijack)
- Automatic Globososo Remove – Globososo malware removal software, Cleaner
- Manual Globososo Remove – Manually remove Globososo Search and third-party malware
1. How to automatically remove Globososo and third-party malware
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the Globososo virus and third-party malware, as well as automatically repair internet browser settings to stop the Globososo redirect.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to repair internet browser settings and uninstall stubborn Globososo software. CCleaner can automatically stop your browser from redirecting to globososo.com.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform and run the program.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. If needed, to automatically uninstall Globososo such as the Globososo Toolbar and other unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and select the unwanted software for deletion.
Malwarebytes will remove potentially unwanted programs and third-party malware infecting your computer system.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. Open the first tab labeled “Scanner” and select the Perform full scan option. Click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect and remove malware infecting your computer system.
4. Once the full system scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
2. How to manually remove Globososo and third-party malware
The instructions below can be used to manually remove Globososo and related software using generic Microsoft Windows procedures.
Windows Uninstaller – Control Panel
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program (depending on your version of Windows).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Globososo, Globososo Toolbar, and other suspicious software, including third party programs and uninstall them by double clicking the program’s icon, or highlight the program in the list and click the Uninstall button/tab.
Remove Globososo Toolbar & Third-Party Attachments
Globososo Toolbar may install as a standalone add-on or extension, alongside third-party browser attachments, or bundled inside a third-party browser attachment. Removing third-party attachments often stops the Globososo redirect.
It is suggested to Uninstall any unwanted programs and browser helper objects using Window’s Uninstaller or CCleaner prior to removing the browser attachment.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Globososo addon and any suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Globososo addon and any suspicious addons and remove them if located.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions (or type chrome://chrome/extensions/ into the address bar).
2. Search for the Globososo extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
How to remove Globososo.com from your home page
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Globososo.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Globososo.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Globososo.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
How to remove the Globososo.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Globososo.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Globososo.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Globososo.com to remove it as your search engine. If www.globososo.com is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove Frameseek.com by clicking the X next to it (pictured below).
Globososo.com may alter browser shortcuts on Windows operating systems.
1. Right click on a browser shortcut and select Properties.
2. On the shortcut tab, remove http://globososo.com from the the target field and click OK. If your shortcut is pinned to the taskbar you have to unpin it first, then correct the shortcut in the start menu, and re-pin it to the task bar.