How to remove Optimizer Pro (Virus Removal Guide)
PC Utilities Pro – PC Optimizer Pro virus
The Optimizer Pro virus (also found as PC Optimizer Pro, PC Utilities Pro – Optimizer Pro, Optimizer Pro v3.2, DMUninstaller, etc.) is potential malware categorized as scareware and spyware (potential rogue software) that is reported to install to a computer system without consent and cause many problems for users relating to the invasion of privacy and cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
Optimizer Pro malware may also cause other issues for computer and internet users concerning the loss of browser and computer functionality. Optimizer Pro is essentially considered a rogue Microsoft Windows Optimizer that performs fake registry and system scans and displays fraudulent results that claim a drastically large numerical amount of items and optimizations are slowing down your computer.
To protect it’s self from being eradicated the fake PC Optimizer Pro program will terminate legitimate programs used to remove it and block access to legitimate and helpful websites, as well as remove browser add-ons and extensions and sign users out of synced browser accounts for Google Chrome and other popular browsers.
Optimizer Pro also prompts messages that should be ignored. Common alert notifications displayed are detailed below:
Attention! XXXX items to clean and optimize on your PC To optimize settings, fix problems and speed up your PC you need to register Optimizer Pro. Would you like to register Optimizer Pro now? Learn more, Register
Optimizer Pro scareware may also install third-party software including Conduit Toolbar, Vafmusic2, and other titles. These items are often attached to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension and are used to corrupt existing internet browser settings. In turn this causes affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites including VAF Search and other unethical search engines.
Optimizer Pro and similar rogue software raise many privacy concerns and are often categorized as spyware. Some reports indicate that Optimizer Pro and associated parties may submit users to marketing and mailing lists without user consent or knowledge. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent computing and browsing activity. In more severe (but rare) cases, victims of similar computer infections have fallen victim to severe cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
Some may refer to this potential rogue software as the Optimizer Pro virus due to the deceptive marketing tactics used by the developer and distributors in order to gain customers; however, this program is not technically a computer virus.
PC Utilities Pro – Optimizer Pro will claim that a very large amount of items and optimizations are slowing down your computer and will further claim that the user must register the product and purchase a license in order to repair these issues.
How does Optimizer Pro virus malware get onto a computer?
Optimizer Pro can be manually and voluntarily downloaded and installed from a variety of suspicious locations and is often promoted in advertisements on questionable webpages and aware platforms. Optimizer Pro malware is also known to install to a computer system without user consent often bundled with third-party downloadable content such as freeware, shareware, codecs, and torrents.
Optimizer Pro malware and related items may also download to a computer without user authorization via email spam, and compromised social media content.
How to remove Optimizer Pro virus
- Automatically remove Optimizer Pro - Scan for and automatically remove PC Utilities Pro – Optimizer Pro malware
- Manually remove Optimizer Pro - Remove/Uninstall PC Utilities Pro – Optimizer Pro and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic Optimizer Pro removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Optimizer Pro scareware and third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue Optimizer Pro software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “Optimizer Pro or Optimizer Pro v.3.2.”
4. To automatically uninstall Optimizer Pro and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected. Uninstalling a title called DMUninstaller will remove this unwanted program.
2. Manual Optimizer Pro removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Optimizer Pro software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall Optimizer Pro
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Optimizer Pro (Optimizer Pro v3.2) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.Uninstalling a title called DMUninstaller will remove this unwanted program.