How To Block ForeSee Pop up Suveys – Remove ForeSee Results
What is ForeSee (Foreseeresults survey popups)?
ForeSee or Foreseeresults survey pop-ups are legitimate and derive from the Federal Trade Commision, but ForeSee (Foreseeresults.com) is often mistakenly referred to as the ForeSee virus of ForeSee malware. You may have noticed ForeSee survey pop-ups occur when first visiting a website, that aggressively push for website visitors to complete a satisfaction survey concerning the current website they are visiting, once they leave the website. ForeSee is not malware and not a computer virus though many can argue that Foresee practices very unethical marketing practices that primarily disrupt internet users. It should be noted that ForeSee may be considered malware in the future, given the fact they use very unethical techniques to collect information without consent. It can also be said that ForeSee may target and entrap victims to terms they would likely not agree with if presented in a proper manner.
ForeSee popups often say Thank you for visiting botcrawl.com. You’ve been randomly selected to take part in a brief survey to provide feedback about our website.This survey is designed to measure your entire experience. Please look for it at the end of your visit. The ForeSee pop up then gives you the option to click No thanks or Yes, I’ll give feedback. If you click Yes, I’ll give feedback you will be directed to a survey once you leave the current website.
Once directed to the ForeSee survey, a window will popup that says Please leave this window open and will explain that the pop up window is part of the ForeSee survey. Another pop up will finally state that The Survey is now available. You can not leave this page until you X out of this notification or click the OK button. The ForeSee survey is a multiple choice survey that does not collect personal information unless manually submitted on your own terms.
Though ForeSee popups are not malicious, they are still annoying to many people. Since this is the case, we have included free instructions to block Foresee popups by using free browser attachment Adblock Plus (https://adblockplus.org). Furthermore you can also use Windows hosts file to restrict the ForeSee domain and ForeSee pop-ups.
AdBlock Plus – Block ForeSee pop-ups
Is ForeSee malware, a virus?
ForeSee is not malware as previously mentioned, but many internet users refer to ForeSee as malware or a computer virus, citing similar tactics to malware, though ForeSee has no intentions to be malicious.
- If you are experiencing ForeSee pop-ups your computer is not infected with malware.
If your computer is infected with malware
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. Navigate to the first tab labeled “Scanner” and select the Perform full scan option. Click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting your computer system.
4. Once the full system scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a message stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).