Syfonix.com is a questionable web hosting website and service that relies on referrer spam and multiple referrer spam URLs in order to generate potential customers. Syfonix.com referrer spam targets your website’s Google Analytics data with fraudulent referral traffic known as ghost traffic. Ghost traffic never lands your website but instead appears only in your analytical data measured by Google Analytics. If you are affected by syfonix.com referrer spam you will notice an increase in referral traffic from the URL and URLs that forward to it like hosting-tracker.com. Referrer spam is not essentially harmful to your website; However, it can ruin your website’s analytical data and can be quite a nuisance.
Syfonix.com referral traffic is a problem for webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate analytical data. Referrer spam can mess up website data measured by Google Analytics. The website data it can affect includes everything covered in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports by Google Analytics. For example, syfonix.com referral traffic can mess up your bounce rate because the spam URL and URLs that forward to it typically land on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same webpage.
What is Syfonix.com?
Syfonix.com (Syfonix) is a questionable web hosting website and service that relies on referrer spam and multiple referrer spam URLs in order to generate potential customers. The syfonix.com domain name is used to make it look like referral traffic hit your website from different locations around the world in hopes to gain your attention and boost their search results.
The downside to unwanted syfonix.com referral traffic for website owners is that it can ruin the appropriate Google Analytics data and other website metrics provided by third-party services. In some cases it can also use up your website’s bandwidth by creating repeated site requests. However, this is not the case with this URL since it primarily generates ghost hits that do not actually land on your website.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Syfonix.com referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to stop Syfonix.com referral spam in Google Analytics
This guide will help you block syfonix.com referral traffic and stop syfonix.com spam websites in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter. You should also consider enabling the exclude all hits from known bots and spiders feature.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to Admin > All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Syfonix.com or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list.
6. In the Filter Pattern text box, add syfonix.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple spam URLs create a Filter Patter similar to this: syfonix.com | hosting-tracker.com | example.com | example.com