How to remove Xtron Cleanup Pro (Virus Removal Guide)
Xtron Cleanup Pro by Technosoft Solutions, also searched for as Xtron Cleanup Pro virus is known malware that is recognized as a Trojan, riskware, potentially unwanted program, and adware, by a high volume of antivirus scanners and blacklisting services. The software masquerades as a “PC repair tool” that scans for performance related enhancements, pc/user installed software cleanup, startup and uninstall cleanup and security threats including potentially unwanted applications and malware.
Once Xtron Cleanup Pro is installed it will attempt to download other programs including Advanced Driver booster and automatically scan the computer. When the scan is complete it will claim that items were found and that a repair is needed; however, in order to repair the system, the user must buy a license to use the product.
Furthermore, scan results shown by Xtron Cleanup Pro are deceptive and misleading. The results are programmed to automatically claim that threats have been detected and will classify them as files and folders, window services, startup, software entries, registry, Internet Explorer URLs, Firefox files and extensions, and Chrome files and extensions but will now show what was actually detected if anything at all.
Xtron Cleanup Pro utilizes unethical marketing practices including deceptive advertising and providing false information. Particular advertisements employed by the malware may claim that a computer is infected with a variety of malware, spyware, and computer viruses. The advertisements may also display a fake virus scanner that performs a fraudulent scan resulting in numerous dubious detections including Ransomware 2.0, Trojan.Win32.SendIP.15, and others.
Is Xtron Cleanup Pro safe?
According to Google’s VirusTotal analyzation tool, Xtron Cleanup Pro has an extremely high detection rate and is detected by many antivirus scanners as malware, adware, riskware, a Trojan, and potentially unwanted program or application (PUP/PUA), therefore, is considered unsafe. Antivirus engines such as Avast, AVG, Comodo, Malwarevtres, Panda, McAfee, Webroot, TrendMicro, Microsoft, and more recognize files associated with the program as reliable threats and will quarantine and remove them in real-time.
To make matters worse, Xtron Cleanup Pro introduces other malware, adware, spyware, and potentially unwanted programs to a computer through the download manager and advertisements. In addition, Xtron Cleanup Pro may also bundle with third-party threats when it is installed. This means that if a user finds Xtron Cleanup Pro on their machine without their consent or knowledge it is likely that other malicious programs are present.
Other malware and potentially unwanted programs that download along with put personal information and computer functionality at risk. They can typically collect personal data such as user-submitted information including credit card information, full names, email addresses, home address, and more. This information can then be shared and sold to third-parties which can result in unwanted email spam, junk mail at home, and phone calls from telemarketers and scammers.
This is a list of symptoms that may occur if this program is installed:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Unwanted notifications
- Browser redirects
- Poor computer performance and functionality
- Computer crashes
How to remove Xtron Cleanup Pro (Virus Removal Guide)
Like most programs, Xtron Cleanup Pro can be uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs or Windows control panel; However, manually uninstalling the unwanted program through the control panel will not entirely remove the program or other malware, adware, and trace files from an infected computer. Because this is the case we recommend to scan the infected machine using reputable antivirus tools that are known to detect and remove this malware.
Security software such as Malwarebytes and HitmanPro will automatically remove Xtron Cleanup Pro without the need to manually uninstall the program through the control panel.
Step 1: Use Malwarebytes to remove Xtron Cleanup Pro and other malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software will detect, quarantine, and remove Xtron Cleanup Pro, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-126.96.36.19939.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 2: Use HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, and files used for tracking and data collection.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 3: Use CCleaner to clean up Windows registry and repair settings
CCleaner will clean up Windows registry and repair settings that may have changed during the infection.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Step 4: Uninstall Xtron Cleanup Pro from Windows
Check if Xtron Cleanup Pro was removed from your computer (it should be). If not, the program can be manually uninstalled through Windows control panel.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Click Xtron Cleanup Pro and an Uninstall button will appear. Click the Uninstall button.