How to remove Windesk Search (Virus Removal Guide)
Windesk Search by PCSoftware (also found as WindeskWinsearch, WindeskWinsearch virus, Windesk Search virus) is an advertisement-supported potentially unwanted programs (PUP) with a bad online reputation. Once installed the WindeskWinsearch program will display a toolbar on top of Windows desktop. The WindeskWinsearch toolbar will contain a search field and various shortcuts including a shortcut to open MS Notepad and the generic Microsoft Windows Calculator application.
What is Windesk Search?
WindeskWinsearch is promoted as a program that integrates with your desktop to provide quick and permanent access to powerful searching without opening a browser to search the web. It claims to supply search results right to your computer screen.
However, users have complained about many complications with the Windesk Search program. Most users have complained that the unwanted program will change existing internet browser settings to promote sponsored webpages. In turn, users who browse the web will fall victim to unwanted browser redirects which will redirect users to questionable search engines including Trovi.
Windesk Search also serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to users while they browse the internet. This is a privacy concern because targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has access to user browsing data, such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is observed and used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on.
Furthermore, potential WindeskWinsearch malware primarily bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Windesk Search adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Windesk Search is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did WindeskWinsearch get on my computer?
Windesk Search is a piece of bundled adware that is usually offered by third-party download managers. Users are often given a chance to decline or accept an offer to install this adware and other programs while installing third-party freeware. However, the request to decline the program may be organized in a confusing manner or be completely ignored by the download manager and the program will install against the user’s permission.
The download manager above gave no option to opt out of installing this piece of adware and no option to cancel the current installment. Therefor the user had no choice and was forced to download the program against their will.
[fancy_box title=”Windesk Search overview”]
- The Windesk Search extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Windesk Search extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Windesk Search bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- Windesk Search can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- Windesk Search injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- Windesk Search makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Windesk Search (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall WindeskWinsearch from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Windesk Search virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for unwanted add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
Step 2: Uninstall WindeskWinsearch from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Windesk Search by PCSoftware (WindeskWinsearch, WindeskWinsearch 1.0) and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Windesk Search virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.