Stop site5264824.snip.tw referral spam in Google Analytics
Site5264824.snip.tw is a referrer spam URL on the snip.tw domain name. This URL is used to spam your Google Analytics data with deceptive and fraudulent referral traffic in order to gain your attention and provoke you to visit the URL and the websites it forwards to. The site5264824.snip.tw URL currently forwards to multiple websites including instantproductengine.com, instatheme.com, ultimatefontdownload.com, dropkingz.com, and other websites.
Site5264824.snip.tw referrer spam is designed to promote the websites that the URL forwards to. It does this by utilizing eye-catching referrer URLs with strings like “site5264824.” Site5264824.snip.tw referral traffic will mix into your Google Analytics data which can cause you to investigate and visit the location of the URL. Each time you visit site5264824.snip.tw and other URLs on the domain you will be forwarded to a new website.
Referrer spam is a blackhat SEO tactic that can harm your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. In some cases referrer spam and traffic from bots and crawlers can use your bandwidth and create backlinks in your website’s access logs but this is not the case with site5264824.snip.tw referral traffic. Site5264824.snip.tw referral traffic is a type of web traffic known as ghost traffic. This type of web traffic does not land on your website but aggressively targets your Google Analytics data with fake web traffic.
Referrals from site5264824.snip.tw in your Google Analytics data can be a bad thing. If you are someone who values your website’s appropriate data you will want to block site5264824.snip.tw referral spam from junking-up your website’s analytical data before it gets out-of-hand. Referrer spam in general can ruin data with deceptive referral traffic. For example, site5264824.snip.tw referrals normally “land” on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same page. This creates a 100% bounce rate and if this happens multiple times each day you may lose touch with your real bounce rate. This is not the only data affected by site5264824.snip.tw referral spam. Data that this domain name and referrer spam from other spam URLs such as trafficgenius.xyz can affect includes pretty much every detail measured in Google Analytics Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions reports.
What is site5264824.snip.tw?
Site5264824.snip.tw is one of the latest referrer spam URLs on the snip.tw domain. This URL spams your Google Analytics data with deceptive and fraudulent referral traffic in order to promote various websites that it forwards to.
Referrer spam is a desperate an unethical blackhat SEO tactic that has no regard for your website and your website’s data. Because of this it is recommended to avoid services and products promoted by referrer spammers.
Referrer spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Site5264824.snip.tw referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website like the way bad bots and spiders are. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to stop site5264824.snip.tw referral spam
This guide shows you how to stop site5264824.snip.tw referral spam in Google Analytics with a simple filter that blocks site5264824.snip.tw referrer spam at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Site5264824.snip.tw or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add site5264824.snip.tw and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | site5264824.snip.tw