How to block trafficgenius.xyz referral spam in Google Analytics
Trafficgenius.xyz is a referrer spam URL that currently forwards to a couple of domains including bloggingwithjohnchow.com and publishvault.com. This type of web traffic targets your Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic in order to promote the websites they forward to. Trafficgenius.xyz referral traffic is a specific type of synthetic web traffic known as ghost traffic that doesn’t actually land on your website. The referral traffic is directed to your Google Analytics ID at random and appears in your Google Analytics data as direct or referral traffic. This can cause a lot of problems with your website’s appropriate analytical data as it can mix fraudulent data into your analytical reports.
Trafficgenius.xyz referrer spam and referrer spam from other well known spam URLs such as googlemare.com is becoming a big issue and hot topic of discussion for many bloggers, webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted trafficgenius.xyz referrals can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URL usually ‘appears’ to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which interfere with the results of your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that trafficgenius.xyz referrals can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, Conversions, and Behavior reports.
What is trafficgenius.xyz?
Trafficgenius.xyz is a referrer spam URL that currently forwards to a couple of domains including bloggingwithjohnchow.com and publishvault.com. The primary domain that this URL forwards to is publishvault.com. Publishvault.com is pretty much a SEO/content creation website and service. The downside to unwanted trafficgenius.xyz referral traffic in Google Analytics is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
How to block trafficgenius.xyz
This guide shows you how to block trafficgenius.xyz referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop trafficgenius.xyz referral traffic at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add trafficgenius.xyz or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add trafficgenius.xyz and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | trafficgenius.xyz