How to remove Search Module (Virus Removal Guide)
Search Module is a browser hijacker that changes existing internet browser settings or popular browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Changes made by Search Module include the homepage, default, provided, and managed search engine, as well as browser shortcuts and other options.
Once potential Search Module malware is installed a user will notice browser redirects to website such as Tuvaro when booting a browser, opening a new browser window and tab, or searching the web using the browser address bar.
Search Module and items related to this program often have permission to access data such as browser activity and history and can also be used to change browser themes, bookmarks, and more.
This program primarily installs alongside third-party freeware with additional malware and PUPs, including adware. Most users complain that Search Module installed without consent.
How to remove Search Module virus
- Option 1: Search Module Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Search Module malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Search Module – This second option details how to manually uninstall Search Module , remove unwanted browser attachments, change your default search engine, and fix your homepage.
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Search Module Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Search Module and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Search Module adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall software that promotes Search Module and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Search Module, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Search Module
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Search Module from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Search Module
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Search Module and other potentially unwanted programs. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Search Module add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Search Module add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Search Module search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Search Module search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Search Module search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Search Module search engine to remove it.
How to remove Search Module homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Search Module from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Search Module from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Search Module and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.