How to remove CostMin (Virus Removal Guide)
CostMin (Cost Min) is a dangerous potentially unwanted program (PUP) and potential malware found in the adware and spyware categories of computer infections. CostMin adware displays pop-up advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by using browser helper objects (BHOs) that download and install to a Windows machine, and browser add-ons and extensions that attach to affected browsers. Aside from unwanted advertisements, the CostMin program causes a variety of other dangerous issues.
Depending on where CostMin malware was contracted, the program provides a major risk to computer and internet users because this program often bundles with and alongside additional browser hijackers, spyware, and trojan horses, including third-party malware that may corrupt existing internet proxy settings. If you have found this program on installed on your computer without your consent or knowledge, chances are it may be the least of your problems.
One installed, CostMin adware collects user information. The extension for Google Chrome has permission to access your data on all websites, access your tabs and browsing activity, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes. This program may submit collected user information to malicious third-party contractors, as well as marketing and mailing lists (spam, junk mail, and telemarketers).
CostMin advertisements are generated in a variety of forms and may not be easy to identify. Some advertisements are displayed by third-party advertising platforms that use script embedded into the program.
How to remove the CostMin virus
- Option 1: CostMin Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove CostMin malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove CostMin – This second option details how to manually uninstall CostMin and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. CostMin Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove CostMin and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall CostMin adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall CostMin and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for CostMin, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove CostMin
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall CostMin adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall CostMin
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for CostMin and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove CostMin add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove CostMin add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CostMin extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the CostMin add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the CostMin add-on and remove it if located.