If you are seeing advertisements by cosstminn your computer is infected with a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware found in the adware category of computer threats. Cosstminn (also found as Costmin) is a browser add-on, extension, and helper object (BHO) that is primarily used to serve targeted advertisements across multiple Internet Browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Cosstminn malware and programs that it associates and bundles with, including dangerous browser add-ons and extensions are usually contracted without direct consent and often have permission to access and collect user information and change existing settings, such as bookmarks, themes, and more. Information such as browser activity and history is used to generate targeted advertisements on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Collected user information may also be distributed to third-party mailing lists, resulting in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers.
Advertisements display by this program are often identified by text that says something similar to “By cosstminn,” although these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms.
How to remove cosstminn
- Option 1: cosstminn Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove cosstminn malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove cosstminn – This second option details how to manually uninstall cosstminn and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. cosstminn Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove cosstminn and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall cosstminn adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall cosstminn and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for cosstminn, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove cosstminn
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall cosstminn adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall cosstminn
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for cosstminn and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove cosstminn add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove cosstminn add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the cosstminn extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the cosstminn add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the cosstminn add-on and remove it if located.