How to remove Local Temperature (Virus Removal Guide)
The Local Temperature virus (LocalTemperature) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that usually infiltrates a Windows computer system and attaches to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on and extension without user consent or knowledge. Local Temperature is not defined as a computer virus and is essentially used to gather personal user browsing data for a variety of marketing purposes. Local Temperature generates targeted advertisements based off of user browsing activities, bookmarks, location, and history.
What is Local Temperature?
This freeware is promoted as a free Windows desktop utility that can be used to show the current temperate and predicted forecast in custom locations. There is a full version of this program that is not advertisement supported.
- Local Temperature may bundle with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Local Temperature can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Local Temperature can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Local Temperature can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Local Temperature can manage your downloads.
How does Local Temperature get on a computer?
Local Temperature is commonly contracted without knowledge alongside free downloadable content. This includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and even email attachments. In some cases Local Temperature and other items are promoted through advertisements and will automatically download and install once an advertisement is clicked.
Users may also be given options to accept or decline an offer to install Local Temperature adware and similar products during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the user request to decline the program from installing is usually ignored or presented in a confusing manner,
How to remove Local Temperature
- Step 1: Remove Local Temperature add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Local Temperature
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Local Temperature add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Local Temperature extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Local Temperature add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall Local Temperature
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Local Temperature (by Local Temperature LLC) and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.