What is Lasaoren?
Lasaoren (also known as Lasaoren Search, WSE_Lasaoren, and Lasaoren New Tab) is a potentially unwanted program in the adware and browser hijacker categories of computer threats. This program uses browser add-ons and extensions, as well as browser helper objects (BHOs) to change existing internet browser settings, such as the homepage and search engine, as well as display targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers.
In turn, potential Lasaoren malware hijacks the homepage of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as default, managed, and provided search engines, browser shortcuts, and other browser and internet settings in order to cause browser redirects to Lasaoren.com, search.yahoo.com, and other websites.
Lasaoren New Tab extension for Google Chrome and other internet browsers has permissions that allow it to read and modify all your data on the websites you visit, read and modify your bookmarks, read and modify your browsing history, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
This page contains instructions to remove Lasaoren virus. Use the free Lasaoren removal guide on this page to stop browser redirects to lasaoren.com and to uninstall WSE_Lasaoren and Lasaoren New Tab.
How to remove Lasaoren virus
- Automatically remove Lasaoren – Scan for and automatically remove Lasaoren and third-party malware
- Manually remove Lasaoren – Remove/Uninstall lasaoren.com supported software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Lasaoren virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Lasaoren and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the lasaoren.com hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall WSE_Lasaoren (or other) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support the search engine in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Lasaoren virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Lasaoren supported software and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Lasaoren
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for WSE_Lasaoren (or other). Once located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Lasaoren add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Lasaoren add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove different attachments than suggested and multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Lasaoren New Tab extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Lasaoren New Tab add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Lasaoren add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Lasaoren search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Lasaoren search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Lasaoren search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the Lasaoren search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.lasaoren.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove lasaoren.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove lasaoren.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove lasaoren.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove lasaoren.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.