How to remove YTD Toolbar – Removal Instructions
YTD Toolbar (YouTube Downloader TB)
YTD Toolbar (also found as YTD Toolbar v7.9) is potential malware associated with Spigot Toolbar and is categorized as a browser hijacker that bundles with third-party items, changes existing internet browser settings, and causes many problems for internet users. YTD Toolbar installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and popular internet browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent and begins to transform settings.
Once installed, YTD Toolbar will change the homepage and default, managed, and provided search engines of affected browsers, in turn causing unwanted redirections to http://search.yahoo.com/?type=407453&fr=spigot-yhp-ch and other websites and causing browsers to start up on search.yahoo.com and other websites when users open a new browser window or tab.
If spyware alike YTD Toolbar is installed on your computer and attached to your internet browser you are at risk of cyber crimes involving credit theft, extortion, identity theft, and more. Though these crimes are rare, this particular item leaves a user at a much higher risk than common internet browser hijackers.
How does YTD Toolbar get onto a computer?
YTD Toolbar can be manually and voluntarily installed from a variety of questionable websites and YTD Toolbar also bundles with suspicious third-party freeware and shareware. Some users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install YTD Toolbar and change their home page and search engine to Yahoo; However, the request to decline is often ignored or represented in a malicious manner.
YTD Toolbar (etc.) also bundles with YTD Downloader software, which is often advertised on unethical media related websites, pornographic websites, torrent websites, download.com, and similar.
How to remove YTD Toolbar hijacker
- Automatically remove YTD Toolbar – Scan for and automatically remove YTD Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove YTD Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall YTD Toolbar software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic YTD Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove YTD Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the YTD Toolbar hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall YTD Toolbar (YTD Toolbar v7.9) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for YTD Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual YTD Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall YTD Toolbar and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall YTD Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for YTD Toolbar (YTD Toolbar v7.9, etc.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove YTD Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove YTD Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional toolbars. Please note, it will be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the YTD Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the YTD Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the YTD Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove unwanted search engines
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the unwanted search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the unwanted search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the unwanted search engine to remove it.
Please note, If an unwanted search engine is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove unwanted homepages
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove the unwanted homepage from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove the unwanted homepage from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove the unwanted homepage and replace it with your preferred URL.