What is wajam_validate (wajam_validate.exe)?
Wajam_validate is an executable file titled wajam_validate.exe that is downloaded and placed on a users computer without direct consent. Some security vendors and authors may label this application exe. file as spyware, noting the set use read and write permissions.
How does wajam_validate get onto a computer?
Wajam_validate is often downloaded to a users computer during the process of installing software from distribution websites such as CNET’s download.com.
Though the user may not want to install Wajam, download.com will place wajam_validate.exe on a users computer once an installation using their download manager is manually initiated.
To avoid unnecessary files downloading to your computer without consent, ignore websites that offer third-party downloads and download software directly from the publisher’s website.
Is wajam_validate.exe safe?
wajam_validate is harmless and is not a computer virus; however installing Wajam is not recommended.
How to remove wajam_validate.exe
- Option 1: Automatically remove wajam_validate.exe - Scan for and automatically remove malware associated with wajam_validate using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Option 2: Manually remove wajam_validate.exe - Simply remove wajam_validate.exe by deleting the file
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing associated malware
Option 1: Automatic wajam_validate.exe removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove malware associated with wajam_validate.exe and third-party PUPs and PUMs that may have downloaded without direct consent, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Wajam and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Wajam software such and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support wajam_validate.exe, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.