What is the FBI Black Screen of Death?
The FBI black screen of death is a dangerous virus categorized as ransomware in the same family as the FBI Moneypak virus, Citadel Reveton, and the FBI Ultimate Game Card virus. The FBI black screen of death virus is given the name “The FBI black screen of death” because this particular ransomware displays a full black screen on an infected computer disguised as the FBI as opposed to other FBI viruses that use standard FBI page layouts.
The fake FBI black screen of death displays false claims about the computer in order to scare the infected user into paying a fake $200 fine by use of Green Dot Moneypak cards.
The FBI black screen reads:
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN LOCKED!
This operating system is locked due to the violation of the deeral laws of the United States of America! (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 8; Article 202; Article 210 of the Criminal Code of U.S.A. provides for a deprivation of liberty for four to twelve years)
Following violations were detected:
Your IP address was used to visit websites containing pornography, child pornography, zoophilia and child abuse. Your computer also contains video files with pornographic content, elements of violence and child pornography! Spam-messages with terrorist motives were also sent from your computer.
This computer lock is aimed to stop your illegal activity.
To unlock the cimoputer you are obliged to pay a fine of $200.
You have 72 hours to pay the fine, otherwise you will be arrested.
You must pay the fine through MoneyPak:
To pay the fine, you should enter the digits resulting code, which is located on the back of your Moneypak, in the payment form and press OK.
If an error occurs, send the codes to address email@example.com.
How to remove the FBI black screen of death virus
- Malware Removal Software – Scan and remove malware
- Manual Removal – Remove associated files
- System Restore – Restore PC to a date and time before infection (includes different access options)
- Safe Mode With Networking – Manually remove files and/or scan and remove malware (reset proxy settings if needed)
- Flash Drive Option – Load Antivirus (AM) software to a flash drive, scan and remove malware
- Optical CD-R Option – Scan and remove malware
- Slave Hard Disk Drive Option – Scan, detect, and remove malware