Keyword Suggestor Toolbar
Keyword Suggestor Toolbar is malware (also found as Keyword Suggestor virus) in the adware and spyware category that utilizes browser hijackers to infect a computer system and attach to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer without user consent.
Once installed Keyword Suggestor Toolbar and related “suggestor” malware begin to transform existing Microsoft Windows and internet browser settings including the homepages and default, managed, and provided search engines of the previously mentioned browsers. In turn, Keyword Suggestor causes unwanted browser redirections, browser start-ups, displays unwanted advertisements, and causes many serious problems for computer users as Keyword Suggestor Toolbar is very difficult to uninstall and often blocks the process with a message that states “close all instances of Google Chrome, etc.”
Keyword Suggestor Toolbar is a malicious program that Windows Operating Systems and most internet browsers including Google Chrome will attempt to block. Keyword Suggestor Toolbar malware raises many concerns relating to the invasion of user privacy and cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft. Furthermore, Keyword Suggestor Toolbar may give access to dangerous third-party malware.
The Keyword Suggestor virus (though not technically a computer virus) also displays unwanted pop-up, in-text, banner, and coupon style advertisements without user permission.
If Keyword Suggestor Toolbar is installed without your permission, please use the removal instructions further below.
How does Keyword Suggestor Toolbar malware get onto a computer?
Keyword Suggestor Toolbar malware can be manually downloaded and installed as it is promoted as a legitimate browser attachment used to “suggest better keywords” by several questionable websites including
websuggestor.com; however, most victims of the Keyword Suggestor virus have reported that the application has installed without consent.
In some cases Keyword Suggestor Toolbar may bundle with third-party items including freeware and shareware.
How to remove Keyword Suggestor
- Automatically remove Keyword Suggestor Toolbar – Scan for and automatically remove Keyword Suggestor and third-party malware
- Manually remove Keyword Suggestor Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall Keyword Suggestor software and third-party malware (if necessary)
1. Automatic Keyword Suggestor Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Keyword Suggestor adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Keyword Suggestor Toolbar adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Keyword Suggestor Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Keyword Suggestor Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Keyword Suggestor Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Keyword Suggestor Toolbar adware and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Keyword Suggestor Toolbar adware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Keyword Suggestor Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Keyword Suggestor Toolbar
Use the instructions to remove Keyword Suggestor Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.
Troubleshooting (Keyword Suggestor won’t uninstall):
There are several solutions if uninstalling Keyword Suggestor Toolbar is unsuccessful or if the program blocks the removal process by claiming that a browser window or process is open.