How To Remove The Eazel Search Virus (Search.Eazel.com) – Remove EazelBar Malware (EazelBar Helper Browser Hijacker)
What is Eazel Search (Search.eazel.com)?
The Eazel Search virus, also referred to as the Eazel virus, Eazel malware, or Eazel redirect, is potentially malware categorized as a browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to redirect to search.eazel.com, eazel.com, and other websites. Eazel Search, or search.eazel.com is the search engine used by popular but suspicious download website Eazel.com. The Eazel Search virus may “infect” a computer without consent, often attaching the Eazel browser hijacker(s) Eazelbar, Eazel Smartbar, Eazelbar Helper, and other add-ons, extensions, and toolbars to popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
The Eazel search engine website may appear like Google.com in order to potentially present the feeling of safety. Though Eazel Search may appear like Google, Eazel.com is not associated with Google.com.
The Eazel virus, or Eazel malware may attach to computer users who download software from Eazel.com, causing home pages to change to search.eazel.com and default search engines to change to search.eazel.com and other websites. Furthermore, Eazel Search malware redirects internet users who search the web using the browser’s address to search.eazel.com and other websites. Though search results on Search.eazel.com may not be malicious, sponsored results and advertisements displayed by Eazel.com’s search engine Eazel Search may direct users to suspicious and unwanted websites.
Some sponsored results on the Eazel Search results page may lead to websites notorious for the spread of malware and unethical behavior. These websites are most notably located in Lithuania.
What is EazelBar (What is Eazelbar Helper)?
EazelBar and the EazelBar Helper is an add on and extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, that is often referred to as malware and categorized as a browser hijacker on our website for submitting unethical behavior, including unethical marketing practices, entrapment, and social engineering. You may have noticed a toolbar pop up on the top of your internet browser, under the address bar, or a redirection to the EazelBar website search.eazel.com.
The EazelBar hijacker and EazelBar Helper browser hijacker are known to “hijack” internet browser settings without consent of the computer owner and often “infect” users who download items from Eazel.com and associated websites, as Eazel.com may not make it clear that EazelBar and EazelBar Helper may bundle with their downloadable products.
EazelBar malware may be the sole reason internet browsers redirect to search.eazel.com and other websites. It has been reported that removing the EazelBar extension will stop internet browsers from redirecting to eazel.com websites.
Is it safe to download from Eazel.com?
It’s often a hot topic in debate among savvy-internet users, is Eazel.com safe to download from? While some long-time Eazel.com patrons claim they are aware of monetization techniques in place by Eazel.com, they also claim that they have never had any issues downloading software and files from Eazel.com and any of their affiliates.
On the other side, a majority of internet users who download software from Eazel.com complain that malware has bundled with the download, though they “opted out” of the download or were never given the opportunity to opt out, thus concluding that there are high risks when downloading from Eazel.com and their affiliates. Is it safe to download from Eazel.com? No it’s not safe to download from Eazel.com if you are concerned about your privacy and overall computer functionality.
Downloading software from Eazel.com may entrap unsuspecting victims to terms they would not normally agree with, including the additional installment of software potentially categorized as malware by many reputable sources or defined as “annoying” or unethical, such as adware or a browser hijacker that simply utilizes a Cost-Per-Click program.
Eazel.com promotes free downloads, which may give internet users the perception of “no strings attached” when downloading software from the website, therefore users may breeze through installation of downloaded software from Eazel.com without suspecting additional installments because of the promotional efforts or non-informal efforts of Eazel.com.
It should also be noted that the developers of software on Eazel.com may not be aware that Eazel.com is bundling software with their product and should not be held responsible for such actions. A similar download-based website that bundles malware with their software is download.com (CNET) who offer legitimate software such as Malwarebytes, but have been reported to bundle adware such as Coupon Companion with most downloads.
Eazel malware/Eazel virus: Privacy invading malware
The Eazel virus utilizes a browser hijacker called Eazelbar and Eazelbar helper. The “browser hijacker” or attachment may install to a computer and attach to internt browsers as a browser helper object, add-on, extension, and toolbar. The Eazelbar and Eazelbar helper may also install alonsgside third-party malware, considered adware or spyware used to collect sensitive information.
If you are infected with the Eazel virus (Eazel Search virus), if your internet browser is redirecting to search.eazel.com and other websites, or you suspect your computer is infected with malware, please use the free instructions below to remove the Eazel virus and third-party malware from your computer system, as well as uninstall Eazelbar, uninstall Eazelbar Helper, and other browser hijackers or third-party browser add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and Toolbars.
How to remove Eazel Search virus (Redirect)
- Automatically remove malware – Scan for and remove malware affecting your system
- Manually remove EazelBar and third-party malware – Uninstall Eazel Search, remove EazelBar, remove EazelBar Helper, and remove third-party malware
1. Automatic removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Eazel Search and third-party malware, as well as remove search.eazel.com from your home page, default search engine, and browser shortcuts.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, start-up settings, or uninstall pesky software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Eazel Search software such as EazelBar and EazelBar Helper, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the items in the list of installed programs and double click them to uninstall.
2. Manual removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Eazel Search malware and remove the search.eazel.com redirect virus using generic procedures. Also look out for third-party software and browser attachments that may also need to be removed from your computer as well as remove software downloaded from Eazel.com.
How to uninstall Eazel malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Eazel.com software that may have recneley downloaded to your computer system, including the EazelBar products. To uninstall EazelBar Helper, double click the program or highlight EazelBar (etc) in the list of programs and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove EazelBar hijacker (Add-on, extension)
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the EazelBar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the EazelBar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the EazelBar add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove search.eazel.com from your home page (Start up)
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove search.eazel.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove search.eazel.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove search.eazel.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
How to remove search.eazel.com search engine (Redirect)
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the http://www.search.eazel.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the http://www.search.eazel.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to http://www.search.eazel.com to remove it as your search engine. If http://www.search.eazel.com is set as the default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove www.search.eazel.com by clicking the X next to it.
How to uninstall search.eazel.com shortcut
- Find the shortcut of particular browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) in all locations of the computer, including but not limited to the desktop;
- Right click and find “Option”;
- Delete search.eazel.com in “Target” field of on the “Shortcut” tab.