Happy.new.yeartwit.com is one of the latest referrer spam URLs we discovered that spams your Google Analytics data with fraudulent referral traffic in order to get you to visit the happy.new.yeartwit.com webpage.
If you visit happy.new.yeartwit.com in your browser you will be directed to Twitter. If you are logged into Twitter the page will attempt to get you to tweet “Happy New Year! ❄*:.｡.゜ﾟ･*ヽ🎅丿*･゜ﾟ.｡.:*❄ ☃🎄 С.Новым.Годом.РФ #HappyNewYear.” This tweet contains a link (С.Новым.Годом.РФ) to another webpage at this path: http://xn--q1a.xn--b1aube0e.xn--c1acygb.xn--p1ai/
On this webpage it says Happy New Year 2016. This webpage is associated with notorious referrer spammer ilovevitaly.com.
Referrer spam is a blackhat SEO tactic that can harm your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. In some cases referrer spam and traffic from bots and crawlers can use your bandwidth and create backlinks in your website’s access logs but this is not the case with happy.new.yeartwit.com referral traffic. Happy.new.yeartwit.com referral traffic is a type of web traffic known as ghost traffic. This type of web traffic does not land on your website but aggressively targets your Google Analytics data with fake web traffic.
Referrals from happy.new.yeartwit.com in your Google Analytics data can be a bad thing. If you are someone who values your website’s appropriate data you will want to block happy.new.yeartwit.com referral spam from junking-up your website’s analytical data before it gets out-of-hand. Referrer spam in general can ruin data with deceptive referral traffic. For example, happy.new.yeartwit.com referrals normally “land” on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same page. This creates a 100% bounce rate and if this happens multiple times per day it can be catastrophic for your real bounce rate. This is not the only data affected by happy.new.yeartwit.com referral spam. Data that this domain name and referrer spam from other spam URLs such as trafficgenius.xyz can affect includes pretty much every detail measured in Google Analytics Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions reports.
What is happy.new.yeartwit.com?
Happy.new.yeartwit.com is one of the latest referrer spam URLs we discovered that spams your Google Analytics data with fraudulent referral traffic in order to get you to visit the happy.new.yeartwit.com webpage. Traffic from this URL does not actually land on your website. It is a type of web traffic called ghost traffic that basically sets it’s sights on your Google Analytics ID at random.
Referrer spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Happy.new.yeartwit.com referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website like the way bad bots and spiders are. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block happy.new.yeartwit.com referral spam
This guide shows you how to block happy.new.yeartwit.com referrals in Google Analytics with a filter which stops happy.new.yeartwit.com referrer spam at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Happy.new.yeartwit.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add happy.new.yeartwit.com | yeartwit.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | happy.new.yeartwit.com | yeartwit.com