How to remove Google Update Plugin (Removal Guide)
Google Update Plugin (also searched for as Google Update Plugin virus) is a suspicous program and browser add-on that is known to cause complications for some computer and internet users. Google Update Plugin primarily attaches to Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox as a browser add-on and helper object (BHO). In many cases, Google Update Plugin will cause the the installation process of Google Chrome to fail if the browser add-on is enabled. It can also be introduced to a computer system alongside unwanted programs.
What is Google Update Plugin?
Google Update Plugin is a program that downloads and installs all the software in the Google Pack. It can help you install, launch, and uninstall new software. However, it can also cause problems and restrict the installation process of Google Chrome browser and other programs.
We have found that a variant of this program may bundle with third-party PUPs that can change your existing internet browser settings including your home page and default search engine. This causes affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to sponsored webpages such as Trovi.com.
How did Google Update Plugin get on my computer?
Google Update Plugin is usually contracted when you install or uninstall Google Chrome. It can also be introduced to a computer by third-party unwanted programs and malware. Third-party programs which provide Google Update Plugin as a sponsored program include freeware, shareware, dubious torrent files, and other objects.
How to remove Google Update Plugin
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove malware with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Google Update Plugin
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove malware with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “Google Update Plugin” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Google Update Plugin we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Google Update Plugin.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Google Update Plugin
How to uninstall Google Update Plugin
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Google Update Plugin in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Google Update Plugin to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Google Update Plugin in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Google Update Plugin below.[/note]
How to remove Google Update Plugin add-ons and extensions
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (or Alt X) > Manage add-ons.
2. Search for Google Update Plugin in the Toolbars and Extensions tab, click it with your mouse pointer, and click the Disable button.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Google Update Plugin extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Google Update Plugin add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Google Update Plugin extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Google Update Plugin in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Google Update Plugin below.[/note]