Stop build-a-better-business.2your.site referral spam in Google Analytics
Build-a-better-business.2your.site is one of the most recent referrer spam URLs we discovered on the 2your.site domain name. This URL is used to spam your Google Analytics data with deceptive and fraudulent referral traffic in order to gain your attention and provoke you to visit the URL and the websites that it forwards to. The build-a-better-business.2your.site URL currently forwards to ontraport.com; an automated business service.
Build-a-better-business.2your.site referrer spam is designed to promote the websites that the URL forwards to. It does this by utilizing long eye-catching referrer URLs with strings like “build-a-better-business.” Build-a-better-business.2your.site referral traffic will mix into your Google Analytics data which can cause you to investigate the URL and visit the website it forwards to.
Referrer spam is a blackhat SEO tactic that can harm your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. In some cases referrer spam and traffic from bots and crawlers can use your bandwidth and create backlinks in your website’s access logs but this is not the case with build-a-better-business.2your.site referral spam. This type of spam traffic is known as ghost traffic. Traffic from this URL does not land on your website, instead it aggressively targets your Google Analytics data with fake web traffic in order to provoke you to visit the URL.
Referrals from build-a-better-business.2your.site in your Google Analytics data can be a bad thing. If you are someone who values your website’s appropriate data you will want to block build-a-better-business.2your.site referral spam from junking-up your website’s analytical data before it gets out-of-hand. Referrer spam in general can ruin data with deceptive referral traffic. For example, build-a-better-business.2your.site referrals normally “land” on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same page. This creates a 100% bounce rate and if this happens multiple times each day you may lose touch with your real bounce rate. This is not the only data affected by build-a-better-business.2your.site referral spam. Data that this domain name and referrer spam from other spam URLs such as snip.tw can affect includes pretty much every detail measured in Google Analytics Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions reports.
- What is build-a-better-business.2your.site?
- How to stop build-a-better-business.2your.site referral spam
What is build-a-better-business.2your.site?
Build-a-better-business.2your.site is one of the most recent referrer spam URLs we discovered on the 2your.site domain name. It currently forwards to ontraport.com whom provides paid website and marketing automation services.
Referrer spam is a desperate an unethical blackhat SEO tactic that has no regard for your website and your website’s data. Because of this it is recommended to avoid services and products promoted by referrer spammers.
Referrer spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Build-a-better-business.2your.site referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website like the way bad bots and spiders are. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to stop build-a-better-business.2your.site referral spam
This guide shows you how to stop build-a-better-business.2your.site referral spam in Google Analytics with a simple filter that blocks build-a-better-business.2your.site referrer spam at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Build-a-better-business.2your.site or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add build-a-better-business.2your.site and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same exclude filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | build-a-better-business.2your.site | 2your.site